Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How Do You Use This Site




If you do not understand something and need to improve your knowledge of the items discussed and provided on this site, please email me your phone number, I will make sure to call you and talk to you about the items of interest to you. We will do so in most of countries of the world.

Dear Reader, I know there are still questions how do I use this site and Legitimate ones: For one it is the way the site is itself and for another there are so many styles and experiences...

Ok, so where do we start, here is where.

1) Investor Or Trader
2) Short term Trader Swing Only trader Or long term trader

1) Investor, needs to look at Annual APs mostly and MDS only at deeply oversold conditions.
Such as Our calls to add/subtract to the stock portfolios at the depths of January/March
2) Trader
2.1) Short term trader, needs APs daily/intraday and timing we provide , and may use MDS system positioning (BUY/SELL) ( this trader would have made money today and be flat)
2.2) Swing Trader, needs MDS and may use the APS for entry exit. ( this trade is going for more than few points/scalping and maybe losing some on the scaling done so far)
Both of the scalpers and mostly Swing Traders, should look at Stock System Status and Sentiment as well ( at this point Sentiment is not really bullish(PCRATIO) and the Stock System Stats at X(asset)X(pressure)B(MDS)B(summation) is not the greatest bull configuration.). No wonder I am not raging bull, in fact I would rather have SELL from MDS at this time(:-
2.3) Long term Trader , is just like investor , pretty much. (this trade is mostly concentrated on ASSET allocation and ASSET charts, with some MDS exposure and Annual APs) For Both Long TERM and SWING TRADER, will not hurt to look at YBR(yellow brick road)
And who could not look that BIGPICTUE and marvel? The easiest way to identify what the potential up/down side are(APs) and MACD oscillators showing the longer term momentum.

Why these tools work and how they work has been documented in real time examples on this site and http://www.safehaven.com/ where our calls of the market TOPS and and BOTTOMS have not been matched by anybody ( to the best of my understanding).

Now, for somebody coming to this site occasionally or first time. What we do looks completely disorganised, but that is very far from reality. We are very organised and have all kinds of rules to go with usage of systems and money management. Unfortunately we can not repeat them every day. One example is scaling into MDS calls. MDS formula. If you search "MDS FORMULA" on the site you will understand what it is and how it manages the market risks. Such as Dear Czman was talking in the comments. I wish we were more organised by categories of investments, but that is a bit hard to do with the blog ( not a real site). Still , while doable, it is even harder to devote time everyday to individual items, which we do via AP ( daily and Intraday) and outlines what we expect timing wise. I know for that reason, people that are looking better organisation may find the site hard to use, even though it probably is much more organised than any other BLOG ( not site) for the amount of material it delivers.
Nevertheless , we are listening and try to implement what looks reasonable and doable within our context. Appreciate your input, please keep it coming.


5330 5311 5281 5243 SPI 5408 5427 5457 5495
13818 13757 13658 13536 n225 14074 14135 14233 14356
6640 6628 6609 6578 DAX 6697 6708 6727 6758
3510 3503 3492 3474 ESTX50 3544 3550 3562 3580

Dear Subscriber, click on "protected site" in the "links to other blogs" section and login for fresh MDS and DailyUpdate. MDS picture will update soon as well

Everyone that scaled in yesterdays lows or thereabouts, please get out with profits, certainly no loss. Please do so
08:35, I had emailed to you this morning about the JPY breaking the levels of 107.75, well, it has and the market is responded in a limited fashion. Please take the profits or losses as needed. You know the status.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

10yr. bond auction tomorrow so they may hold things up

Unknown said...

McClellan oscillator is oversold enough for a bottom.

Anonymous said...

all my stuff should be at the extremes when they update

wont get in to heavy tho--in GDX today 18%

chronictown said...

An elliott wave site I visit is projecting this down trend move to spx1316. His analysis has been very good. It might be worth a look. http://caldaroew.spaces.live.com/ Boris, Thanks again for all of your hard work. It is always darkest before the dawn.

young grasshopper said...

Hi Boris
I believe expirations friday is in a weeks time (6 trading days away). Assuming the 6 day MDS cycle average. This could line up with the end of the MDS sell cycle. That could also mean that this cycle is close to an end...?

I have been experimenting more with a new indicator (an averaging volume adjusted, Williams Ultimate Oscillator)which seems to work well. I compared the SPX in October 07 to now. It does not seem the same. But it did show the last 2 days as a buy. I should have used it earlier. So far am down bit over 4%. So I can't complain.

As John said, it is only money.

Ivan said...

Hi Boris,
is it time to buy banks (e.g. Deutsche Bank) for at least medium term? You wrote recently about banks, but I can't remember.
Thanks, Ivan

boris said...

Deear Hopper,
This has been a really tough time for MDS (alone) timing. I would have it being on the SELL given other evidence around, but it is on BUY, let us hope market jumps up to give those that are long to get out with minimum loss.

I have stayed away from taking a SWING trader veiw and scalped my way in and have over 70 NQ points as a profit even in this difficult environment. I recognize the fact the NAZ MDS remained on SELL and did not want to trust SPX/MDS buy.

The discretion matters , sometimes, but I am sure soon MDS is going to prove me STUPID.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
Nibbling is OK, but I said BKX goes to 60, we are at 65.xx that means another 10% down on Banks?!

That is tough.

Good Trading

diesel said...

Just rotated out of my spy long in the pre-market. Pre-market is up 7pts at the moment! Didn't make anything on this trade. Next bus please.

boris said...

Dear Damien,
Great.
Everybody that scaled some yesterday is able to get out of it with a littel profit. Just do it please...

GOod Trading

john said...

Boris
Good Morning

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Good Morning,
I presume you received emails and have seen the site.
So, it is clear what we need to do, is to find a place to exit
Good Trading Dear John

john said...

Boris,

got it

old john

diesel said...

Hi Boris,

Whats your thoughts on UTX and ABB if you dont mind. Both are stocks listed us the US exchanges.

Thanks.

boris said...

Dear Damien,
YOu, as a lucky subscriber(:- of SHAKERS, know the rnakings of these two. UTX is at 0.33 not great but noting to write home about and ABB is at 1.3 or something like that. Pretty unfavorable ranking.

Both are infrastructure plays and it looks like the infrastructure may not be in "FASHION" for too long, especially if OIL is to come down within next couple months, as I think.

I would monitor them in your place and see if the rankings improve to 0.1 or better, then I would get interested in watching them closer, Until then , they are no starts, as already know Dear Damien.
Good To serve you my Dear friend
Good Trading

Vishal said...

Good morning Boris. I was under the impression that the StockSystemStatus was no longer updated on the Blog. Should I be receiving this info in my email ?

Regards

john said...

Boris,

checklist is short and to the point, very good

old john

boris said...

Dear Vishal,
It is updated on site.
I probably will not send it any more.

But update every day on the protected site.

Good Trading

Vishal said...

clap clap, Dear Boris, EXACTLY what I was looking for, we ask and you deliver something beyond our expectations. Concise and to the point.

Thank you, Cheers

boris said...

Dear Vishal,
I listen to my subscribers.
That is our motto.

"listening to you is our full time job"

Good Trading

chronictown said...

Boris, chcklist is great! it is simple to understand. helps those of us who are not playing with a full deck!

boris said...

Dear Chronictown,
I am glad the response is so positive,

I like hits like this. It tells me I am doing something The best subscribers on the net want and like

At your service.

Good Trading