Tuesday, February 13, 2007

NFI stops at 15.99, $1 for 5% gain.

Dear Readers raise NFI stops. If you did not take 1/2 profits, take it now.NFI=16.60 almost 9% gain in less than 24 hours without leverage.
OUT QQQQ at 43.89 last 1/2 pos,prft 44c.
Should still hold 1/3 GOLD,stop 65.39 GLD,profits unknown. Not my recommendation.
If you still have NFI get out. 16.31
Good Trading

9 comments:

cobbense said...

Boris,

Good work on the NFI entry, forgot to say.

Still have the idea of one more selldown to the 15 level soon (tomorrow AM?), but it might not happen.

Timingwise, it should report it's 4th quarter results within the next 2 weeks. This may happen unexpectedly, i.e. without any preannouncement.

If everything looks good then, which I expect, my first goal pricewise is a retracement of the selloff from the 30 level. If it is not good, look out below.

Timingwise it should also generally continue up until just before the next exdiv. day, which probably is not until the beginning of May, when it is likely a sell.

One can compare last year's pattern this time of year for an idea of what might happen.

KMP looks to be setting up for a continued run higher, from 50 to a goal 55:ish.
This is a slow-mover (MLP pipeline), no hurry.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, Thanks I may suggest that people get out of NFI at the close today. I like the sound of K'CHINKG which is how the cash machine sounds.
I agree with KMP, that is one of my most favorite stocks on the earth. Good Trading.

cobbense said...

Boris,

If NFI makes it up well above 17 today (17.40 or so is not impossible late today) and one has a nice profit, one might just be able to buy some Feb. 17.50 puts on the cheap with a little luck.

I much prefer cheap puts to stops for hedging long positions when I can get them, it's just that NFI options have become very expensive lately.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, Yes "the Volatility" is crazy in these stocks. I agree the options are expensive. GOod Trading

cobbense said...

Boris,

As to LEND reporting tomorrow, a lot of people are wanting to short it, thinking it will bomb like NEW did.

I have not studied it enough to have any definite opinion, I just know that I do not in any way want to own the stock as an investment.

If it sets up well today, or pops tomorrow in the opening (report is due 10 AM), I might spring for a few March 25 puts as lottery tickets. Too risky I feel to actually short it (unless one has some protective calls of course).

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, LEND has few more points until it hits the support.
Good Trading

cobbense said...

Boris,

Just thought of TRE, a gold stock (Sinclair's Tanzania mining royalty co.) that I've been watching sporadically for a while.

I'm thinking it might be a decent speculative buy if it gets knocked down to somewhere below 4.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense,
I think this stock has a support at 4.78 and stroger one at 4.50. is it possible that it has bottomed already just below 5, but I doubt it.
Good Trading

cobbense said...

Boris,

Thanks, fits my thoughts on TRE, and this if it happens would imply another nasty gold selloff?


NFI just announced it's earnings call to be on Feb. 20.

I don't for now expect any new significant trend to develope before then, rather likely a lot of more or less wild unpredictable bouncing around near the current level on reactions to various external news items as they occur.

From a trading perspective, Whipsaw City.

Regards,