Friday, February 09, 2007

New, NFI

Dear Readers.
New hit a support 16.99 `17.00 , which could last, one could buy few shares with the 15.99 stop.
Good Trading

9 comments:

James said...

Interesting.....Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

Fed Governor Ms. Beis resigned from the Federal Reserve. I seem to recall as a Board Governor she was the single expert on the subject of over the counter derivatives. Best James

boris said...

Dear James, they do not need exports at the FED, the only expertise they need obfuscation, not clarification, that is why Sir Allen lasted there for 18 months. GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Readers, I meant experts up there did not I.
Good Trading

cobbense said...

Boris & James,

I would not touch NEW from the long side, irrespectibe of any TA signals - funnymentals trump TA when it's crunch time, and NEW management has just admitted to extreme incompetence, possibly criminal. Definite risk of testing that great support at 0.

NFI should get killed only if their management has made a serious enough mistake in hedging, or if panic hits the credit markets in general for whatever reason. High risk - yes, of course! Jan. production should be reported this week I believe.

Forex markets are selling down the JPY right in the face of the G7 warning not to do that . . . could get interesting eventually, but as long as it is ignored - business as usual I suppose in the leveraged-whatever markets.

Whachovia sees a continued bull market in 2007 for MLPs (pipelines, energy, etc.) as being an underappreciated and little understood assets class. That has been changing recently.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, You know I do not get attached to anything. I could not care less if NFI/NEW bankrupt and they could/should. That will not prevent me from buying when everybody is selling and take a small risk. The idea here is very very simple. While the risk is BIG, the potential is HUSGE and my stop would always protect me from straight 0. I believe people can also play options on some these stocks, such as LEND/NEW/NFI ...
Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, Readers
Regarding the Currencies, I believe they are doing exactly, what I kept saying for a little while. "As the options expire the limits 129-130.5 falls away and the currencies ( minus $dolloar) will fall and IRrates will rise. This is playing out perfectly so far, even though with a bit of a delay, which, again I thought was entirely due to the options expiration on 9Feb. Good Trading.

cobbense said...

Boris,

My experience is that the big money is usually made over the longerterm moves, and they occur only if the correct fundamentals are in place.

Stops are overrated as insurance, they will not save you overnight, or even if a major surprise (i.e., gap up or down) should occur intraday.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, Nobody lives and earns long enough to sustain the trends, and what if you get it wrong or get whipsawed. I can not dwell on a long or even intermediate term. That is not our goal anway. We think long term trends start with short term trends and that is the way it is. By the same logic nobody would have touched the builders 4 months ago, but signals were there to buy, while builing companies and their bosses painted the darkest picture possible for Real Estate business. We all have our tempo and will use that in the judgments for taking position. I feel I must give them limits and readers should use the way they see it fit. We were adamant that these stocks could lise 30-50% value when others did not. Now we are ready to look the other way ( upside ) and protect positions if when necessary. YOu comments though are very appreciated. Good Trading Dear Cobbense.

boris said...

Dear Readers, notwithstanding the discussions with Dear Cobbense, one point is clear, both of us are aware of the risks in these stocks. So, if you buy, it should be a small position, definitely no more than 1-2% of your investable funds and you should remain in touch with this site for guidance. Good Trading