Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Attraction Points(Apoints)

1246 1245 1242 1238 spx 1254 1256 1259 1262

10:07 ET, Have you seen US(O'H) Yes, below 103. I hate to jinx myself , but is it time to celebrate the biggest hit of anybody in the advisory business? Direct hit at the dates almost 3 months ago in http://www.safehaven.com/ ??

11:33 ET, As I indicated in the comments section, I think market has a clear sail into 17500 for INDU/DOW before the selling starts. ( As per Dear Waldo and Per Stupid Boris the above should read 11750 not 17500)

36 comments:

Robert said...

Boris

In terms of the dollar vs anti-dollar phenomenon, one has to take notice of what happened yesterday July 21 and now early morning today, July 22.

Could these be turn dates for dollar vs antidollar? What do you think Boris? The unbelievable pound was crazy yesterday and is more reasonable today.

Robert

Hopper said...

sold sso, picked up skf

boris said...

Dear Robert,
ANtidollar kemp is breaking up bit by bit.
Oil drop of over 13% in USO and more in CRUDE. Is a sing that CRUDE BULL market died. I would have buy it if it starts breaking technical upsider barries, but the damage seems to me as not repairable.


SO, that part I am getting more confident daily ( barring Nuclear clash between Israel/USA and Iran).

Gold, I believe some chances to perk up, but I indicated that the only way I would play it is GOLD-USO spread.

Now the currencies. I said many times GBP is a cardiac currency and heavily manipulated. So, you need to have patience with it. Once it starts breaking it will be a fast trip down, but it is held by those that are trying to unload their LONGS ( not for long in my opinion).

The only way I would be wrong , if somehow all ARAB countries with OIL incomes undergo some crisis and transfer most/all of their money to UK. they have done lot of that up to now, but the OIL prop coming OUT should help stop that.

So, if anybody wants me to be proven wrong on GBP they need to arrange that scenario

JPY , I explained is pushed around as the carry trade currency and the EURO group ( CHF EURO and the rest) is moning like a group. Heavily manipulated by Dear Trische, who was clearly asked to keep the EURO high to save USA manufacturing from expiring.

I think the time is getting closer for Dollar to make a move one way or the other( I think upside) as it has been held all too long in the flatline.

Good Trading
Turn dates, I have given to our subscribers and will refrain from repeating it here.

Good Trading Dear Robert

boris said...

Dear Hopper ENJOY
Good Trading

Robert said...

Boris and all

I just saw a report from a large US brokerage firm saying that the BP and Canadian are both in the expensive range. This firm added that it expected the Sep dollar contract to fall below 72--today. This outfit is surely right on the BP and Canadian, but apparently will be wrong on the dollar today.

Otherwise, on both the stocks and currencies, i keep wondering if Paulsen's push in congress for legislation to bail Freddie and Fannie out may have a big role in suppressing the markets. What do you think Boris?

For those believing the fed and big banks can control things, it would be to their advantage to continue to have turmoil in the markets to force Congress to act on the package along with giving the fed more powers over the markets.

In another words, pressures from the troubled markets may provide the impetus for Congress to act when otherwise, Congress could procrastinate and delay.

Even in the absence of the fed and its colleagues from being behind the market problems, it is clear that there is a prevailing sentiment of hesitancy and uncertainties among investors until the Congress does act and settle these things and clears the air.

Surely, there are huge forces working in collusion to cause both the US stock and currency markets to be at their lows as seems to be reality right now.

Robert

Unknown said...

It was so easy to make money on the EURUSD this morning. I grabbed 100 pips in under 2 hours. Go dollar go!

boris said...

Dear Robert,
Thanks for the info you provide here and excellent questions.
You can see GOLD and OIL are , should I use word COLLAPSING? today. Sorry guys...

I think Market is recovering in the area of 17500 on DOW and then the bigger resistance , seloff starts, but I said often, I am not GOD and even HALF a GOD, I do not know if we hit the low or not , but there are some chacnes that we have, so , Please Investors rely on ASSET allocation to the job for you. Markets can not easily traded in a long time. YOu need to be an ASSET allocator. Very short term trades, I am fine with though and that is all skills and no brain(:-

Dear Robert, Yes, agree....

THERE IS A COLLUSION to see USA DOLLAR and MARKETS cheap at this juncture. SOMEBODY is BUYING BIG...

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
Congrats.

Good Trading
GO DOLLAR GO!

Ivan said...

Hi Boris,
my GOLD dream was obviously for today, not yesterday :-).
Gold stops today at 930-933.
Regards, Ivan

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
Next time can make the forecast more precise please? (:-

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Ivan, SORTY,
I MEANT DREAM(:- not a forecast, of course

Good Trading

אנטי-סופיטליסט said...

Boris, you mean 11,750 on the dow. thanks, waldo

boris said...

Dear Waldo,
Thanks for saving me from myself(:-

When do/can I stop this BS(:-

Yes you are 100% right.
And I am 100% stupid

Thanks and good trading dear Waldo
Correcting it

Unknown said...

How is it possible to make these mistakes. WOW! 17500 instead of 11750. This happens too often. Do you sleep enough ? ;-) however, Boris, you got a good show goin'on this site. Keep it up. Dimitri, Amsterdam

Robert said...

Boris and all:

Thanks Boris for your responses to the questions i raised earlier herein.

To describe the turmoil and confusion in the markets, the worldaffairsbrief.com offered this recap of a news item from Britain:

The global economy is at the point of maximum danger.
It feels like the summer of 1931.The world's two biggest financial institutions have had a heart attack. The global currency system is breaking down. The policy doctrines that got us into this mess are bankrupt.No world leader seems able to discern the problem, let alone forge a solution. The International Monetary Fund has abdicated into schizophrenia.It has upgraded its 2008 world forecast from 3.7pc to 4.1pc growth, whilst warning of a "chance of a global recession". Plainly, the IMF cannot or will not offer any useful insights -Ambrose Evans-Pritchard/Telegraph UK

Perhaps this note from the UK reinforces your position Boris on the need for extra care and working with a short term attitude.

As i noted above, possibly the US markets will be hung up somewhat until Congress does act to clear the air.

By the way, i note that gold is now taking some hard hits, along with the anti-dollar currencies and oil somewhat.

One last note, the grains and softs have been hit hard in the past week or so. I note they are up today. I guess one might classify them as anti-dollar; yet they are up today along with the improving dollar.

Robert

D said...

Blaine, how about those ISEE numbers today?

:)

Unknown said...

boris,
is my illusion coming true ?

אנטי-סופיטליסט said...

Boris, stupid you are not, just a typing error. The best of us does it. waldo

boris said...

Dear Dror,
Please take no offense this time.
Can you tell me exactly what your illusion is?

I have assumed that it as new high any time soon.
Why would not you state your case clearly.

Where is one and two and three and four waves . Where do they start and where do they end.

You are welcome to send me a chart.

Our readers will be glad to see and I will be thrilled to provide it

bchikvash@aol.com is my address
Please send us , picutre , text, whateve it takes

Good Trading

Unknown said...

Boris,
A couple things:

- I could not have traded the EUR without your APoints. You are the man.

- Regarding a low in the markets, last Tuesday set the all-time record on the NYSE for new lows. That is a very powerful sign. I think we will have trouble in August (or sooner), but there is a subtle tailwind in the markets and buy-the-dips mentality for now. This bear rally has more room to run, as you say to 11,750. I think it could get to 11,900-12,000 eventually for a full 50% retrace. Of course, as I say this, it looks very ready to rollover.

Just my two cents, as always. Take it with a grain of salt.

Blaine

Robert said...

Boris and all:

For a fact, the man who does not make mistakes is the man who doesn't do anything.

This market analyst business is a tough game. For most of them whom i have observed, they are often wrong about crucial things; and here i am not just referring to a type-po problem.

Frankly, Boris, i don't how you do the amount of work you do on this site. Any person attempting the job you do here will certainly make mistakes with the typewriter; but i dare say will bust some major isssues of real importance.

And there is the language issue. How many languages do you speak Boris? Most of us survive with only one. My guess is that your native tongue is Russian or Georgian. To that we would have to add Hebrew, English, and others. Surely, in trying to communicate in the different languages, it is very easy to make a mistake.

Boris, the amount of work you do is unbelievable. i can't get over your vast daily work on the APs. My guess you generate this stuff with a computer; but still it takes some imput and human oversight.

Keep up the good work Boris. Most of us really appreciate it.

Robert

Unknown said...

D,
Yes, as I said, looking like a rollover.

boris said...

Dear Robert,
Thanks again appreciate the info.

I would though make sure to size up the Commodities markets. As far as that goes, Help out somebody, but OIL market is a 4 Trillion Dollar market a year. All other COMMODITY markets do not amount to 4th of that... I think,But I may need to refresh on this

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
Thank you humbled again.
I do work Like Dear Robert says.
I work my A off and sometimes do some good for people.

At least keep the frame work under which we can all converse , without accusing each other of conspiracies(:-

Thanks Dear Blaine, If the August pullback looks shallow. Not too many people will be faster than me jumping on this. Besides we have advised INVESTORS to STAY INVESTED and even switch from GOLD to stocks.
That is not without some understanding that we could be/are close to bottom. Not readching the 1170 are on SPX though is hard to swallow for a bear market and as I said... I still see some things that can be viewed as UNFINISHED!

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Robert,
Thanks.

In fact my typos result mostly from the speed and the lack of one form of thinking/language.

I seem to think in many languages at once and structure the sentences half of which would make perfect sence in HEBREW and half in RUSSIAN and none of it sounds clear in ENGLISH and then go back and invert the roles these languages.

But I hope the numbers speak and I do work to make those numbers come out correctly and I am not totally automated.

Let us not forget, 90% of the time I type blind so as to save my EYES(:_

But this is all labor of love.
I love markets. Love To help people, especially those with no means...
And Yes, there are some needs in the family, which are never met...

But none of this distracts me from trying to produce the best research I can.

Now, about the you readers and subscribers.


I love when you guys post a lot. That savems me from keeping the board ALIVE and informs me as you my readers are really my READERS.

That is you tell me all that I could not read myself.

ABSOLUTELY , you better believe that. You are not only informing other readers, when you post, but you are also INFOMRING ME.

Dear Robert I thank you very much for the participation. Please keep giving us your take or others take on things it is really GREAT

As the GOLD goes, well, It took a lot of going agiainst the grain to call the TOPS ( at least local) in GOLD and OIL, but I did it in my reports. I stuck to preference of the BLUE route and it seems to be coming true.

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

buy SKF

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Good Luck in your trading

Unknown said...

Lag,
You don't like WM's chances tonight, eh?

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

buy TWM

Anonymous said...

Blaine

no--have only short term looks as Im very busy--but thing look ripe to me here

Anonymous said...

srs buy

Unknown said...

Here's to you, Lag, I just sold my remaining UYG chunk. All lots were profitable. Although when I sold it, it seemed like a feeding frenzy, there was so much demand on the buy side... Makes me nervous. Am I the fool who just gave away his shares at too low of a price? Or did a bunch of fools just swallow my toxic waste?

Unknown said...

Boris,
hey no need to be agressive.
i'm sorry but i cant hare my knowledge.
i use it for trading its not for sell.
anyway what if i told you huge forces drove some prices up in order to buy another one cheap......
you would'nt belive me.. right...????

Anonymous said...

careful bulls here is a taster or two

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNASD.html

ISEE today the dreaded 150

boris said...

Dear Dror,
We respect your desire for privacy.
No problem,
Thanks a lot for your comments.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Thanks for posting

Good Trading