Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Attraction Points(Apoints)

1211 1208 1205 1201 $spx 1220 1222 1225 1230

Intraday has made it to the protected link as well

10:07 ET, with all the feel good things going on in the market, I am restless. Why?
MDSNAZ is on SELL( not close to BUY), PCRATIOS are still not bullish, 1180-1170 area has not been reached, We did not really have a BANG type of low, except in financials. I am not an easy person to please? But I added to my investment positions here and there.

10:59 ET, I believe we are back having all correct files on the protected site. ENJOY

13:39 ET, we apologise for this BUBU/error and thank our Dear Ric for catching and correcting us on TSX APS. Here without any more delays the correct numbers.

13139 13055 12917 12747 $tsx-tc 13495 13580 13716 13887

14:37 ET, this is a kind of day where shorts are just slaughtered and taken out and shut to add insult to the injury. We have announced here and subscribers knew that 16 July was a special date. YelloBrickRoad knew it 1000 years ago. AMAZING!

SO WHAT IS LIKELY LEVEL TO BE REACHED TODAY?

HOW ABOUT 1250? ( well this is the SDHAP)

Altenrnative could be close below 1234

31 comments:

Robert said...

Boris

Thanks much for your work and advice. It looks like you called it right with the dollar today. Nothing dramatic yet, but it seems to be slowly moving up.

Also thanks for your earlier message to me about the protected site. I am doing better with it now.

I have Mozilla with Google. But when i use it with your protected site, i lose my google email menu item at my mozilla start up page. i don't know why this happens.

Alternately, i have Internet Exployer with Yahoo as my start page. If i access your protected thru Yahoo, i don't lose my google menu on email on mozilla. SO i use yahoo.

But when i try to click on your summary chart on your protected site, i do have difficulties with yahoo. I think part of my problem was i tried to click it while at the compose mode. If i get it on preview, it seems to click alright to enlarge the chart and make it readable.

ANyway, it appears that it must be in the preview mode to click an enlargement at least off of yahoo.

When i access your web site, i can always enlarge your charts directly off the site by merely clicking them. My problem has only been with the protected site. it works fine with mozilla and google. But not so good with yahoo and IE.

I mention all this so that if other readers have had problems maybe this will ring a bell.

ANyway, thanks much. I appreciate your work and good tips. Your advice, overall, is about the best on the financial markets.

Robert

boris said...

Dear Robert,
Clicking works in all modes.
Just make sure you RIGHT(MOUSEBUTTON)CLICK in the compose mode. IE is the standard we all use. Clicking ( LEFT MOUSE IS NOT GOOD IDEA with protected site).

Clicking right button will do a nice job, chose "open link in seperate window" after click.

If this does not help please drop an email.

Thanks a lot Dear ROBERT for your participation and patience.

Good Trading

Robert said...

Boris

The dollar and equities are improving despite the bad news on inflation.

But there remains an enigma over the yen and BP both of which admittedly are the two weakest anti dollar currencies.

DO you have any ideas on these two Boris? Could this be a fluke or is something behind it?

Robert

sharon said...

Dear Boris

If Q hits the 4th high AP, is this a good entry for QID , considering NAZ is still on SELL?

Thanx
Sharon

boris said...

Dear Sharon,
I would not do it.
If for a very short term trading...

It could be tried. If it works then you may convert it into swing position.

Cyclical forces must be strong to casue this move up, regardless of my complains(:-

So, I would respect this. Please see the trade, if you want to, a coffee money los proposition and if it grows on you find. But do not take a big risk thiking outright SWING position

Thanks Dear Sharon
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

On my string of numbers if we have a good day today it looks like things may go back down soon- especially if the rest of week produces some gains

Anonymous said...

I also think 10700 or 1170 should be it

sharon said...

Dear Boris

Thanx, there is no easy money in this market.

Sharon

boris said...

Dear Lag,
With you on that thinking
Totally with you.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Robert,
I , very frequently, state my position about GBP.
This is a very overvalued currency and if the OIL prop comes off it.
Watch out the POUND could become OUNCE(:-

On the other hand JPY weakness I see is very short lived and I may even be wrong on that. JPY will, as a flip side, benefit a lot from the falling OIL. JAPAN imports 100% (: :) percent of its OIL something crazy like that.

Good Trading

Robert said...

Boris

Another enigma is the Australian dollar. Like you said Boris, iron ore is good when you have blooming manufacturing. But Japan's needs are slowing down. SO why the Aussie high?

And while Japan has stacks and stacks of US dollars and bonds, its economy is tied to manufacturing and exports which are in a definite downturn. So why the yen strength?

I'm still short on the yen, so i am beginning to think i had better exit that position soon and quit looking for the expected crash. What do you think Boris. IS the crash scenario still likely?

Robert

boris said...

Dear Robert,
The Yen must crash for USA market to rise. So the attempt will be made to play the YEN to raise the markets in the world. That will cause the "CRASH" in Yen. In the end it will not help the markets. They will go down again.

Japan has a positive trade and manufacturing. USA and especially UK have nothing but a "PAPER" societies that are crabling.

Now at some point JAPAN will want to bring out its currency out of this ( CRASH instumentation mode)( for CARRY TRADE , OF COURSE) ans as soon as Japanes Interest rates rose a bit the begining of the JPY carry trade will be over.

AUD, look at the ASX market. It is telling you that something bad is coming and AUD is trying to tell all is fine. We are a MACHO men and we can handle 8% interet rates. Well they are not. At some point CHINA slows, OIL slows , TANKERS slow, BUILDING SLOWS and there is too much IRON and COAL as it is.

It could turn all around again in a year or so, but for now this is What I see.

That is why, I do not think anybody should trade currencies on FUNDAMENTALS. It is suicide.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Robert,
I did not explain. WHy , HOW could CHINA slow?

BECAUSE, it is biggest client - UuSs(BIGGEST CLIENT) is not only slwoing the purchases , but wants to compete with it in SLAVEDRIVER vages(:_

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Smart money looks like they are buying puts to me

Anonymous said...

Monday, a new SEC rule is going into effect regulating shorting activity. That should act as a braking mechanism to market down movements. (The new rule will be in effect through the end of July and may be extended through August.)

D said...

I firmly believe we didn't move further down in January and especially March because there was no up tick rule. Shorts can cover and re-short with ease. This will just take some of the volatility out of the declines...

We had an uptick rule in 1987, 1998, 2001, 2002...did that stop the market from HUGE down drafts?

NO

This is simply pointing the finger to avoid taking responsibility for letting (enabling) the problems to exist in the first place.

boris said...

Dear D,
I am not really confident in stating the one way or the other about usefulness of this rule to dumpen the volatitiliy.

I would agree completely though that the rule should not be there.

Let the "FREE MARKETS" work.
I just wish they made it free in other ways.

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

I realize many things do not match: P/C ratio, vix, etc.- but could 1200 been the bottom for a while??

thanx

old john

boris said...

Dear JOhn,
We have said 16 July is a center of bottoming. So the answer to the question is obvious YES.

As I have shown before some bottoms are not made with the BANG and I showed the March 12 2003. It was made lethargically on the downside, but expolosion from there was anything but!!!

That is the reason Why I kept advising to add to the INVESTMENT portfolio and kept doing it myself.

Good Trading Dear John

boris said...

Dear JOhn,
We have said 16 July is a center of bottoming. So the answer to the question is obvious YES.

As I have shown before some bottoms are not made with the BANG and I showed the March 12 2003. It was made lethargically on the downside, but expolosion from there was anything but!!!

That is the reason Why I kept advising to add to the INVESTMENT portfolio and kept doing it myself.

Good Trading Dear John

john said...

Boris,

thanx

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
It is my pleaser, my Dear Friend
Good Trading

sharon said...

dear Boris

what are the chances for flip tommorow for both machines?

In case there will be no flip it looks very attractive to short.

Thanx
Sharon

boris said...

Dear Sharon,
I will go back to what I said this morning. The only way I would short this is to find a "SURE FIRE" short entry and see if I can converti into SWING TRADE.

As to the matter of the question.
It looks like there will be no way BUY will be generated in these conditions, But stranger things have happened before.

Tomorrow I will inform all subscribers. about it.

Good Trading

sharon said...

thanx dear Boris for you patience and support.

boris said...

Dear Sharon,
I know we all love trading and it is good for adrenallin, but I like to have all of our subscribers on a solid invetment path and then teach them trading. In the long run nobody has made it in trading.

This is true even for W.D. GANN and LORENCE LIVERMORE and all others. The only traders that make money are MONOPOLY traders at the FRINDS of CENTRAL BANKERS.

But, knowing trading is absolutely necessary for a good "well rounded" investor. For an investor to know what INVESTMENT means he/she must know what TRADER is.

So, in any case, Sooner we all get down to the investment program of 48-72(life for younger people) months, I described, better it will be.

Good Trading Dear Sharon.

Anonymous said...

buy SRS 103.5-- a 1 day trade?

Anonymous said...

added bigger chunk @ 101.6---crazzzzy

boris said...

Dear Lag, this may work out as a quick trade.
GOod Luck
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

I couldnt take it anymore--LOL

Anonymous said...

My string of #'s says this is a buy zone (short) but it can stay like this for 1-2 more days--everything is so streached here so anything goes