
Dear Subscribers, Please refresh the links (CTRL F5) ALl is new there.
10:10 ET, Please take your profits on yesterday's positions or at least make them neutral, there is no reason to lose money on them.
10:10 ET, Please take your profits on yesterday's positions or at least make them neutral, there is no reason to lose money on them.
It should be clear from this chart that I had placed my trade in not as good of a place as the opinion was expressed that the market could be at the temporary, at least, bottom 11:56, my own trade was a little earlier and less successful, but it has made a small profit after $18 commission. This is a stupid account I play sometimes with. I trade with much better commissions, obviously.
CARBONFUTURE
MarkLytle our good Old time and ever fresh friend , thinks this is interesting read, I trust him it is. He never wasted my time(:- Thanks Mark and please somebody find time to read and share with us the basics. ONly after you collected profits on Yesterdays Purchases , Please
CARBONFUTURE
MarkLytle our good Old time and ever fresh friend , thinks this is interesting read, I trust him it is. He never wasted my time(:- Thanks Mark and please somebody find time to read and share with us the basics. ONly after you collected profits on Yesterdays Purchases , Please
Dear Anybody who bought yesterday at around 11:56 and 13:00 should have very nice profits. These were the times announced to be a good places to do BUY. I have stated MILLION TIMES and will STATE again. Even the scaling needs to be done with a lot of care. When the market moves against your expectations and it could do more so( it always does) , one can not go allow themselves to put a lot of money on the first day of the trade and call it the scaling. Scaling needs to start very slow as the best needs to be kept for what is statistically better time to rev up for MDS and that is day 4-5 and even then it could be that the trade goes 12-13 days then you need to be ready for such development and never allow yourself to be fully committed. Markets are designed to part the impatient from their money. There is no short cut to being MILLIONER. I am not, because I do not believe in short cuts, they have never worked for me. So, I make sure that I can swallow what I Byte(:-
Please, Reread again and again the addendum's to the emails I sand. They are not there for beauty. They represent hard facts of life. Money is hard to make and requires care. Be an investor not a trader, primarily. If you like to learn trading then make it inexpensive. Play with coffee money until you know what you are doing. Only when you reached a point of consistent success, of 5-12 months, start to increase your lots every so slowly. That is the only way or do not trade. Be an investor, because that you can not avoid, we all have IRAS and personal money that needs to be managed. Invest in safer YIELDING assets, subscribe to SHAKERS and keep an EYE on advancing HIGH YIELD QUALITY Stocks. That is the way to deal with the investments. Only PLAY money should be traded.
Largest wealth manager in the world, UBS will tell you ( yes the guys that lost mmmmmmBillions in sub prime and CDO's) that if they can make 2% above the market rates , you would tell them thank you... Nice, Ha? So, if treasury returns 2% this year and they can make you 4% they are hero's. This is how difficult making the money is folks. That is not me... Ha , that is a TRILLION DOLLAR wealth manager. Why do I say that, because one must set very realistic goal in trading "enhancement" of the investments. Risks have to be absolutely furiously controlled and the attempt has to be made on not losing , not on making a lot. Then the 2-5% above market rates will make you look better than BILL GROSSes or DAN FUTSes of the world and UBSes of the world. Try writing Covered Options, see if that makes you more comfortable and teaches you patience, because once you wrote that option, you will be there for months at a time collecting those extra .5-.1 percent. That will teach on patience. I will help you anyway I can, but I can not help when people overextend themselves. Most of the time loss comes because, trader is scared to lose more. That could be billion dollars for GEORGE SOROS and it could be $100 bucks for me. Understanding that, was finally what made me a good trader. It had nothing to do with market knowledge. Just understanding how much is nothing to me?
Why do I write so much about this? because I alwasys do. And in light of SYSTEM underperformance this is the best time to remind us what are we dealing with.
By the way did you know How some of the big wealth managers "enhance" you investment's. Well, it seemed to be an accidental moment of honesty of some trader/official from one of the biggest wealth manager houses that they could borrow in LIBOR market at , practically , "any rate" they wanted.
In ENGLISH this means they could borrow at X and then charge the public X+2 with relatively safe type loans and WOILA! they have the +2% out performance over the treasury. Of course YOu pay handsomely for that over performance and you and up with still nothing much better than you could make in CD's. Or take another example How the "HEDGE FUNDS" ( so called) collect 2-20 on your money if they make over 10% a year. That does not seem to be so hard, when the MONEY supply grows at 20% a year and real INFLIETION is over 10% , which makes the 10% in stocks market guaranteed ( until the "credit crunch" comes ). That is how this entire industry works. There are no easy places to go. I still think that if you find that you can not master sufficient patience, then just stick with the quality high YIELD stocks and CD's to do "self enhancement" of your investments. GNMA's are another very safe investment, but could lose some principle as interest rates rise. Please find the time to rethink the exact objectives of what you would like to achieve. Good Luck and Good Trading
8 comments:
Dear Boris,
Good morning.
I love the new materials you've shared with us.
Thanks a lot.
Have a great day.
Bert
Dear Bert,
ALl the best my Dear Friend.
You know standing water...
Well, we try not to stand.
Good Trading
Boris--I'm confused. Why on Earth would we have profits to take if MDS was on a buy yesterday? It only flipped to sell this morning, just in time to catch a 1% bounce.
I'm not complaining--I'm still ahead on MDS. I just don't get how it makes profits when its wrong?!?
Dear Czman
I had the profits,
Why because I bougth when I said it is a good time to buy and sold few minutes ago with profits.
Now, I did not have the scales in from days before, because based on the evidnence of all things, whcih I have discussed ( pulled the plug out of MDS BUY) I did not have any positions coming in.
In fact, I had only profits, as I was scalping everyday not trusting the intermediate trends.
Can you see why that is true from the CHECKLIST?
Most of that if not all is available daily to all.
APS, PCRATIO was clearly not where it needed to be, NAZ was on sell and the pressure charts have not been mentioned to be HIGH on the BUY side
We will now have the compete checklist every day on the Protected site and you will have 100% of info I have.
But I stated before, I was scalping all this time and was ahead close to 100 points on NQ back to about 70 afte couple small losses in last couple days, but the win yesterday.
Remember, what I say....
Scaled positions from yesterday should all be succesfull, unless they were done incorrectly ( at bad times)
Good Trading
Boris--that is all fine and good, but it is the result of your discretionary trading. The MDS robot per se has not been performing, last couple of weeks, on its own. In the past, it has outperformed us, but that seems to no longer be the case.
Dear Czman,
That is correct,
And who is to say That past guarantees future.
Nevetheless , MDS had bigger failures before and it came out of them, so, let us hope that it does. Still, lset us not miss the point that MDS is to be used as support component and not relyed blindly. I marveled when it will have the bad stretch and it is having one. But look at the curve and you will see that it had worst days in the past, which it was able to overcome. That is the nature of the systems. Have you ever seen anytihing with a smoother curve than MDS . Hard to see... I would love to see it.
But this performance not guaranteed. Even the MDS return chart tells you ( at one glance ) that It had bad times before that have lasted 1-2 months.
That is the way the systems are, they are wonderful when they win and they are hated when they lose, but I am hoping the underpinnings of MDS are still OK and will reestablish better track .
Good Trading
Boris--I agree with your comments. At the same time, for my own personal reasons I am looking to rely on systems more and discretion less, over the course of time. A mechanical scaling system is fine, but I would like for MDS or some other system to provide a trade trigger
Dear Czman,
I do what you do.
I wait for MDS to give me a signal.
Then I almost never trade the first day.......
And if I do... I make it very , very small.
Then I start thinking about , who is MDS , what seems to make it tick and say...
Aha, There is not way in the world I am going to go over 15-20% until the day 4-5, because I know at that time the signal had the personality devloped and will expire soon ( 70% of signals expire within 6 days) So I may increase exposure here, but I will now be watching it like hawk, one small bad action from the market and I run. I know at this point my exposure is high. And will never allow market to run away from me.
That is a skill that system can not give you. That is a skill that must be developed.
If I suffer a bit of a setback here then I will wait for days 8-10 or so to test teh waters again, beacuase I know that no trade has ever lasted more than 15 days and only 5% of them go over 11 days.
So again I may increase the exposure and I watch it like a double hawk. There is absolutely, I repeat , ABSOLUTELY no way that I am giving the market more than onw weeks coffee money on this trade. That is it.
In my humble opinion, if you can not find this or similar style to help you survive. There is reconsideration needed as to what the goals and targets are in the trading.
GOod Trading
Post a Comment