Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend Live

Dear Chronictown said...
Lets try to keep this blog alive over the week end. Come by while you are doing your market research and leave your thoughts! Thanks Boris for a great place to come and exchange thoughts about the market!

Well I almost cried (: : ) when I saw this. Seriously People need to exchange Ideas on many things financial and related. So shell it be. We shell have what is from now to eternity called "Weekend Live".

Vamos Las Ramblas Amigos!



Jim Taylor, JD said...
Hi Boris, HI JD

Huge Range Days Continue.
Range This Week:
Projected Highs:
13208.5
2538.75
1456.1
Projected Lows!!!
12388.5
2353.25
1360.4
Jim
8/19/2007 10:58 AM


Jim Taylor, JD said...
R2;
PH: 793; PL 729
NDX100:
PH 1917.5; PL 1776.5
Jim
8/19/2007 3:32 PM


Jim Taylor, JD said...
Short RIMM at: 225 (15 sq)

Jim

8/20/2007 5:32 AM

18 comments:

john said...

Sorry,
I meant to post this under the weekend live.
Will the Gap that was created be filled?
Thank you
Old John

boris said...

Dear John, All the gaps will be eventually filled.
Good Trading

chronictown said...

The dow and the naz are perched on their 200dma's , the r2k has a way to go to get to the 200dma. I got the feeling that friday should have been a lot bigger up day with the feds intervention. In my gut i think we go back down on the short term, but with all the craziness with the fed and the "credit crunch" who knows?

Anonymous said...

Im am planning on pretty much neutral as this heads up and layering in shorts.

This has a lot more problems left

Good luck to all

LAG

chronictown said...

If the fed cuts, I guess that would be bad for the dollar and good for gold.

Sqroot said...

I'm very puzzled by the r2k. It was the strongest coming off the lows but lagged on Friday. I agree, Friday should have been much bigger. I think we have a down week, then up BIG. Something will change the trend, maybe the retest everyone is looking for gets out of the way.

chronictown said...

Sqroot, If the fed bias has changed to a cut, or maybe an emergency meeting and cut, the short term would be a move up,in my opinion. The fed is in a bad place , because the cut will kill the dollar, If everything i am reading is true. I think it could be a short term bandage. Has a bear market started? Is the global economy beginning to slow? I guess trading or investing really comes down to your specific time frame.Who knows where this market is going,however it sure makes me "think".

Sqroot said...

Chronictown, I don't know if we are entering a bear market, but I know everything I've been reading for two years is now coming true, and those same people are saying it's gonna get much worse. I think the Fed is buying time to let things settle down, but would really like to NOT cut next month. We could be back to the lows by 9/18 and force their hand. I'm expecting a bounce after next week, but short term. If we are building out a right shoulder on the charts, we could go lots lower. Employment is weak, inflation is too high, consumer and government debt is unreal. Subprime may be a tiny part of the economy, but that ain't our only problem. Others say things are fine, the bottom is in - typical 10% correction, on to new highs. Uh, that's not what I just heard from Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Even cnBS thought Wal-Mart made 1Q numbers because of food prices, well prices haven't come down, so they must be selling less of other stuff now. The Fed isn't trying for a soft landing, they are just trying for a landing that doesn't kill everyone. All those years of drinking and partying are over, I'm afraid, time to sober up.

boris said...

Dear Chronictown, SQROOT.LagScrew
I believe, you guys all have legitimite points about respective time frame outlooks. I wish it was not true, but I was one of the people Chronictow mentions who repeatedly pointed to unsustainable processes in our society and government. Yes, I do not too much good for next few years , but I have leanred to roll with the punches and developed the indictors to allow us to do that. Nevertheless all the contexts you gues are presenting are highly probable in my opinion.

Good Trading

Unknown said...

Shalom Boris and all here

weekend live--i like it

some astrological thots fwi
>>this coming week through early September, Mars is in translation to the Jupiter-Uranus square. The market volatility is likely to continue And these signatures also suggest the presence of potentially very powerful hurricanes – especially September 1-10. that could correlate with sharply rising crude oil prices.<<
jeffrey

boris said...

Dear Jeffrey,
Mars being my star, I can not but feel this SQUARE very powerfully.
Markets are very volatile and , Yes expected to remain that way, as the change is in the air and it is not for good as far as one year outlook is concerned.

Good staff Jeffrey I love this additional dimension introduced into our site - Austrology I mean.

GOod Trading

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Hi Boris,

Huge Range Days Continue.

Range This Week:

Projected Highs:
13208.5
2538.75
1456.1

Projected Lows!!!
12388.5
2353.25
1360.4

Jim

chronictown said...

Jim, Can you look at the r2k if you get a chance. Im lookin to short these rallies, IF boris says the sell presure is building. thanks for your time.

JJ2000426 said...

Have you ever experienced a cell phone running out of power just at the critical time when you need it? Would you not love a cell phone that runs 6 months straight without needing recharge? Or a laptop computer that works a month at a time?

You will LOVE it! The technology is finally here! They spent billions of dollars on this thing for years and it's finally ready for mass marketing later this year. It's called DMFC, Direct Methane Fuel Cell.

Fuel cells, like DMFC, MUST utilize precious metals palladium and platinum. Supply of PGM is very limited. The whole world produces only 7 million ounces of palladium per year, and consumes more even without fuel cell. There will be a huge shortage, driving the price of PGM metals, especially palladium, to the stratosphere!!!!

That brings a huge opportunity buying the SWC stock, near 52 week low now. SWC is the one of the only few PGM metal producers in the world, the ONLY one in the USA. The stock is cheap because it has NOT been making money yet. But with huge demand of PGM kicking in as DMFC goes to mass market soon, you bet you can make money in SWC beyond your wildest dream!!!

SWC has a price/sales ratio as low as 1.2. What kind of P/E will it have if PGM metal price just increase 4 or 5 times? Click on my name to read more on my blog.

Phil said...

Dear Weekenders, Friday, I had that "not so good feeling" also. Although price of the indexes was up, volume was down. Monday will wait to hear from Boris and you other geniuses. Always look forward to the pressure charts. Have you noticed that the solution to every problem the government faces is to throw money at it. Kind of reminds me of throwing gas on a burning fire. Watch Out!
Peace to All,
Hillbilly

Jim Taylor, JD said...

R2;
PH: 793; PL 729

NDX100:
PH 1917.5; PL 1776.5

Jim

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Short RIMM at: 225 (15 sq)

Jim

Alexander "The G.R.E.A.T." Alperovich said...

Jim,

You mention above to short RIMM today.
It was jump to $235. Are you still thinking to short?

Alexander