Monday, August 13, 2007

Investors, Prince And His Money

Dear Investors, the market turmoil is causing a lot of people to "lose it". That is the only way market works... Ha... Yes, market is a mechanism designed to part "fools from their money" and transfer them to knowledgeable. So, the market must make it almost unbearable for investor ( little guy) to ever buy the value, cause then it will cease to be the mechanism described above.

That is why investment requires fortitude and knowledge and guts to act when one needs to. But no investor can have a blind, unconditional , commitment to any stock or group of stocks. So , knowing when to give up is the other great virtue investor must possess. So, the stops , mental , real are needed to cut the positions when they appear not to be what it looked like. Anybody remembers Citibank, and Prince Bin-Tallal. Yes, C almost went bankrupt in 1990, but Bin Tallal made out princely and C is the biggest bank in the world.

Good Trading

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boris,
Question for you

I noticed the CPCI went one way and the CPCE went the other to the extreme.

Which is suppose to be the Smart Money? Equity or Option?

LAG

young grasshopper said...

Hi Boris,

I've been loading up on the beaten up uranium juniors when they hit their lows (yesterday & today). They may end up being more of a longer holding if they continue to slide. Do you think they have reached bottom yet?

Also am looking at junior gold/silver exploration stocks. "August Again" would have us get them about now right?

cobbense said...

Boris,

Saxobank just reported that they are seing NO retail Japanese interest on the carry trade dip, where previously every carry trade dip was met with a renewed frenzy of JPY selling. They see potaentil maive downside in the most popular carry trade pairs, such as NZDJPY, etc.

As to the equity markets, I am getting the feeling of a true bear market starting up, looking at various indices - i.e. just a gradual ooze downwards because of lack of buying interest, but few dramatic selloffs.

How about the gold miners?
Have a few Jan. calls in TRE & RGLD, they both look very interesting to me chartwise, especially TRE, which has made a major breakout. Though can't see that I can really know anything as to their funnymentals.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Lagscrew,
It is hard to interpret the daily info on CPC staff, averages though indicate that we are under selling pressure from these for at least a short term.

I do follow this, but do not attribute as much weith as my own indicators.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Hopper(: :)

I had a brief love affair with Uraniums, but got my 5/6% in couple days 3 weaks ago and left them alone. I am not hot on them at this juncture.

The Junior golds I like. I hope to get to the names today. Promising every day and not delivering.

What a stupid I am. I will try my best to get the names today.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Connemse , you name names in Junior Gold. They are not the best in my list, but they are Junior names and as such valid for me.

As promised will attempt to get the names today.

Good trading.