Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Limits, power failure last 20 min

O r2k 774.60 - 786.00
O GLD 65.66 - 66.92
O QQQQ 49.95 - 50.39
O ECA 64.54 - 65.66
O SPX 1442.00 - 1463.32
O TSX 14114.38 - 13906.11

Dear Investors, sorry for interruption. I do not think there is anything new. Market has tanked, but such is life and nobody promised that it will always go up. I believe the YEN pressure is coming to an end we are almost at 116 tonight and worst, in my opinion , is 115. That means 8 points down and 1 more to go. In fact we anticipated this decline much before anybody did. Now, all investments are to be held. We got 15% investments and that is nothing in the portfolio sense, we have no stops, but for builders and even they have not hit the stop loss points yet and are higher from the lows of the day recommended. One thing should be clear, even IBM/MSFT/XOM the greatest companies of the world have lost 50/80 % at one time. For a portfolio builder to worry about 15/20% loss is like living life with one's wife without ever having an argument. Have you tried that?

Ok, now all our investments Have nice YIELD and that is their purpose, even when/if market tanks further they will bring the money in. That is as simple as that I would change nothing , in fact those further declines are opportunities to add in different and same areas with even better YIELD. That is different for traders. Remember I took my 5/6% from builders and got out and advised anybody who had too much of it or had not stomach to get out as well. I hope this is as clear as BOSTON HARBOR.

16 comments:

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Hi Boris,

SHORT AT:

13111

COVER BEROFE 0:9:00 PDT

Jim

mlytle said...

Hello Boris,
Some support levels in here for $spx: .382 retrace from 1555.9 to 1219.29 ('06 bottom) gives 1427.33... the whole thing might be in fact part of one elliot wave from summer '06 up..

also weekly bollinger bands around 1421.36..

Mark

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Hi Boris,

Bounce at 0:9:00 PDT ENDS at 11:07 PDT

Resistance:

13111
2526
1445

Jim

Anonymous said...

Added QID @ 47.27

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Hi Boris,

Cover at:


2476

Jim

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Cover at 12883

Jim

Greenie said...

Boris, your builders DHI and LEN are sinking. Another opportunity in value-picking?

Malcolm McIntyre said...

just up from sleep after missing the last few hours of the markets. i see there's still been nothing from boris all night since the limits were posted.

it's probably just the power problem he had indicated, with visitor comments getting through because his site has been left on automatic or something. but this does indicate how fragile communications can be.

while this link holds up, it's a chance to establish an alternative meeting place in case the communications problem proves persistent and there's something we can do to help.

any of you brothers of boris got a blog or web site, or know someone with one, that we could gather at?

malcolm
(just in case this plan doesn't work out for some reason and boris's communications are out of service for longer than we all hope, my email is malcolmm@gil.com.au)

young grasshopper said...

Hi Boris and friends,

Malcolmm is asking for another back-up site. I just created a new blog for this purpose.

http://younggrasshoppersfinacials.blogspot.com/

I'm not planning on updating it much. I wish I could commit more time to trading, but not at this stage in life.

But everyone is welcome to post and visit etc.

I will do my best to update & monitor it

Malcolm McIntyre said...

ah, young grasshopper, you too have imbibed the ancient Chinese wisdom via '60s (or was it '70s?) Western kung fu TV. David Carradine's peak, IMHO!

thanks for responding. hopefully we won't need the back-up, but nice to have.

boris said...

Dear Mlytle, good to see you at our hose. Interesting comments. I try not to be so comitted to any numbers until the Pressure Gages get close to a point of an impending buy or sell. When they fall in place, then I look to the daily limits to help me pick the tops and bottoms and we have picked them better than anybody else I know. Often with 4-0 cents from the limit!

Now, if these conicide with the other indicators, ELLIOT/FIB numbers we are even more aggressive. That is where your analysis starts to play for us.

Thanks a lot and please come back.
Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Greenie, We have the stops in place for these and they are still above those stops. If/when hit we will be out and try purchase them cheeper later. Such is the portfolio building business.

Now, even these can be held for those that are not in such a hurry. Rest of our portfolio Yield upwards from 4-10%. Cash cow, no matter what market does.

Portfolio builder can not worry about even 35% declines. Ask Bob Holstain.

Good trading

boris said...

Dear Malcolm,Hopper

It is a good Idea to publish another site. We may also do as follows.

Email me your phone and I will email you mine.

If/when there are problems on my side. We will communicatre and I will give you a password to conduct my site.

Good Trading to you and Hopper

waldo said...

Hi Boris, you have been right on the calls. I pay for a service that isn't as good as you calling out prices. Ny question is are you going to post a buy target on the q's when we get there. Thanks for your comments.

boris said...

Dear Waldo,
Love your comments.

In my work time is much more important than the price. So, now that AUGUST AGAIN blueprint is calling for a bottom in August and the Gages are getting to a buy signal, the time is tonight/tomorrow kind of a thing and Yes, for you, I will publish the QQQQ limits. I thought nobody paid attention to Q limits.

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,
I will be doing a little trading with the QQQQs as my choice.
Old John