Dear Sharon asked about Proshares and here is the link. Clickme-> PROSHARE FUNDSDear Readers the week ended on the weak note for stocks, and frankly our ANTIDOLLAR FORECAST was totally correct. Our Robot though decided to get the control early, as usual , and got us on the long side. We are about -17 on SPX and Believe it or not -3 on NASDAQ. Not to worry, Let us follow our trusted guide and hope that ANTIDOLLAR turns together with the market next week. Please note that the day ended as started with the same groups in the leadership and same laggards. Not exactly , note the OILs jumped into laggards.
23 comments:
Bounce Monday by the looks of things baring a big surprise
5 days of trin very high now
Dear Lag,
Thanks and Regards,
Have a nice weekend.
Good Tradng
I am voting all of the indices will finish the day at exactly the same values as they did today! :)
Boris -
Is the bloomberg terminal a part of your MDS deal? Or, did you sign up since you sold MDS and made the $$$?
Congrats!
what a day.
I am sticking to the robot. in a very mysterious way I have a small profit on QLD which bought in early open.
Good night everyone
Sharon
Dear D,
I wish I could afford it,
But I have the connections in the industry...
I do not know, but the $2000 a month is a lot of money for a poor shlob like me.
If there was an interest in the communitiy though, we could provide a much better service as we can make a very good use of the infomation there.
Maybe one day we can put it on the net and see if the users, even casual ones will be willing to share the burden of such thing.
After all $2000, even for a community of say 200 ( just an estimate of those who may consider it valuable) would require 2000/200=1 Dollars a month $12 Dollars a month. Now that is not that bad, but I could not afford it on my own... For sure.
GOod Trading
Dear Sharon,
Have a nice weekend and Good Trading
There I go again , Dear Readers,
Of course I meant
2000/200=10$ amonth and $120 a year, just for BLOOMBERG T.
GOod Trading
I got a bid from FactSet that incorporates everything, they wanted about about $50k/year + data costs for their integrated system.
Me: "No Thanks"
Dear Dan,
I know what you mean(:-
Good Trading
A bloomberg terminal is a luxury good in the context of making money in the market. No one needs it to make money.
I would hire a Boris for $100k before I would spend $24k on a bloomberg.
When you get big enough your executing broker just gives you one as a perk for doing business with them.
Dear D,
Yes, You are right..
But if/when you need to d a thorough research on fundamentals, there is hardly much substitute. Especially if you are looking for convenience of all being there for you.
If you are doing research in FIXED income, I would say that there is also a little that can compre with it ( that is they way it started , FIXED INCOME research adjunct to Merril Lynch). When you want the news fast, forget any other place not even close. And most of the bread and butter analytics is there, toghether with incomparable data on FIXED INCOME.
So, yes, in the hands of somebodty that know the tools BLOOMBERG T could be worth its price ( NO... It is overpiced(:- ).
In any case, I would not mind having, because just an educational value of it unqeustionable.
When you really look into it, you realise why you can not compete with instituitions on good research.
Good Trading
I agree that it has value, but it's a luxury good. Kind of like a Porsche Turbo compared to a Ford Mustang...
One definitely does more, but it's hardly necessary.
Dear D,
Absolutely agree.
It is a luxurty good.
There is not doubt about that.
Good Trading
dear all
Are there and ULTRA etfs on dow and spx just like qld and qid?
In order to reduce risk I think to buy or sell different index on each cycle (1/3 dow, 1/3 Q, 1/3 spx).
yesterday it was interesting to see strong Q while financials were collapsing.
Sharon
dear all
Are there any ULTRA etfs on dow and spx just like qld and qid?
In order to reduce risk I think to buy or sell different index on each cycle (1/3 dow, 1/3 Q, 1/3 spx).
yesterday it was interesting to see strong Q while financials were collapsing.
Sharon
Dear Sharon,
There is SPY that can be short or long sor SPX, index
There is SRS DIA that can be short or long on DOWN
THere is , of course QQQQ that can be short or long
On top of those there are DOUBLERs
suchs QID ( QID for Q ) SDS and SSO (for SPX)
For a fuller list of PROSHARES please see the following linkPROSHARE FUNDS
Good Trading Dear Sharon
dear boris
as always, thank you for a detailed answer
sharon
Dear Sharon,
ENjoy,
We are here to serve you.
That is our EXPRESSED PURPOSE.
Period(:-
Good Tradng
Is anyone crazy enough to short oil at these levels. If the "ap" is 134, it seems to me to be a good place for a mental stop.What is the best vehicle to use when playing the oil market besides the crude futures.USO or the oil services etf OIH? does anyone have any different ideas? Lets keep this blog jumping this week end!
Hi Boris and all, to answer sharon's question, there are ultra short etf's for dow and s&p 500. They are DDM for dow long and DXD for dow short. For s&p 500 they are SSO to go long and SDS to go short. And let us not forget the soldiers that has died for our freedom this weekend. I have a grandson in afghanstan right now that I worry about all the time so please put him in your daily prayers to bring him back home safe and sound. Waldo
Dear Wadlo,
I pick up your thanks to our bravest for fighting for our country, even if it is not always 100% clear, if a particluar mission is worth. Unfortunately that is not for them to decide. So, Yes please , Dear Readers let not forget the people who give all they got for US(us)
Good Trading
Dear Waldo
I hope your grandson will come home soon and safe.
I wish all of us worry only about our investments and not about our precious.
thank you waldo for remind us what is really important in our life.
Sharon
An etf to short commodities is DBC. I think this is more than just oil so check it out to make sure it is what you want to use. waldo
Post a Comment