Dividend ETFS anyone?For SHAKERS clickme->
Shakers Service
Shakers ServiceAustralia,Japan, Our Asian, Australian friends ENJOY the Apoints Courtesy of our generous subscribers
5721 5707 5684 5646 SPI 5791 5805 5829 5867
13791 13763 13717 13642 n225 13930 13959 14005 14080
5721 5707 5684 5646 SPI 5791 5805 5829 5867
13791 13763 13717 13642 n225 13930 13959 14005 14080
Germany, EuroStoxs, European Friends ENJOY the Apoints.
6891 6875 6850 6808 DAX 6967 6983 7009 7050
3696 3688 3674 3652 ESTX50 3737 3746 3759 3781
3696 3688 3674 3652 ESTX50 3737 3746 3759 3781
16 comments:
Dear Boris,
I have received my SHAKERS email. I am a new subscriber to this service. Can you recommend the best and most efficient method to use the SHAKER list to make investments? Is there both long and short opprtunities? Could stocks on the list be identified as medium term (3 to 12 months) choices for options? How do you use the list?
I have so many Questions.
Thanks Boris for your advise and sharing your knowledge with a novice.
Matt
Dear Matt,
The shakers list is best way to monitor the at the Demarkation line. Where is the demarkation line? It is the ZERO(0). Or if the ZERO line is too much down then we can use 100 as the demarkation line. That means using the crossing of this demarkation line as an event.
So the simplest thing is to every week compare the two files and note the new entries in the first hundred that were not there.
If you have a hard time with such manipulation of the EXCEL file please let me know and I will help you.
Now, having the difference list one starts watching these new stocks. They will go up and down and we need to monitor these stocks. When they come down 5%-10% from the recent highs and rest on 20 day moving average or thereabouts. That is where we start looking for a reversal( UP candle) .
If we get that and we are also close or at MDS buy , then we have a muagnified opporutinity to get into the winning stocks at the right time.
Obviously this a short description of things that can be used, but all others will be fundamentally equivalent to the same kind of trader activity.
Different traders may use different tools for identification of a good entry point, even when they are looking at the same stock.
I just described the simplest and easiest way to look at this infomration.
There is another way to look at this. Spread trading can be useful tool.
For example IBM is a strong stock and MRK is not. So, if one is interested he/she can go long IBM and short MRK with the idea that the spread will work even if the DOWN goes down.
I hope that this starts you in looking at the things properly Dear MATT.
Please stay in touch with your questions.
Main thing is you want the MDS and your stock timing to remain in synch. Now, you may keep longer than MDS signal, but you have made sure to chose a good entry point to do so.
If your interest is in DIVIDEND stocks then you could just pick them out of the list given by SHAKERS and you have instant view, of which one of them is showing the strength to go into.
Many many more ways can be devised to use this list, but that depends on the traders style and knowledge.
Dear Matt Good Trading
Dear Matt, Readers,
The other spectrum to work with SHAKRES file is the laggards. Meaning the weakest stocks.
Thee the process needs to be inversed and new entrants below demarkation line can be shorted with the same process as the longs except in inversion.
Good Trading
Dear Matt, Readers
To clarify, I myself like to let the stocks cross the line of ZERO demarkation and reach -.20 or higher and then correct to the averages people use in trend trading.
In the other direction one can wait for a stock to reach +.20 and then correct upwards for shorting.
There are people succesfully using the trend following techniques, but when you add the MDS support and the fact that you are dealing with PROVEN stocks ( PROVEN BY SHAKERS selection) you magnify the potencial for success.
Good Trading
Dear Boris
Thank you for the great explainations, I will print your reponse and keep it as a reference as I look for opportunities.
As always, thanks
Today in the US we remember those who have passed before us as we enjoy a holiday.
Matt
Dear Matt,
Absolutely, with you joining the salute to the finest of US who stand ready to denfend us from any/all enemy of the nation. I hope to resolve on this solemn day to work harder towards being worthy of these people out ther ein the field risking their lives for us to enjoy the holiday in peace.
Good Trading
Dear Matt,Readers,
I want to warn you about being sucked in into the stocks that have already visited very high in the ranking and are going down. So, for example if the stocks has reached the rank of -0.6 or higher and is now at -0.3 that will be a stock to avoid mostly, because this security maybe "SPENT"...
Be careful, use common sense.
The major thing you would like to get out of the SHAKERS list are the stocks crossing the entry to the "STARDOM" that is a ZERO line.
Good Trading
dear Boris
maybe you should start publish APs on TA-25. in second thought, forget about it, this index is fully manipulated by Sopitalists :-)
Sharon
-
Dear Sharon,
I will try to the only problem is a reliable free data. So, far it has not been easy on TA-25 or TA100. But we will get there soon. I hope!
Good Trading
Dear Boris
I will try to work within your suggested parameters with SHAKERS.
On another subject...
Do you expect oil and gold to decline with dollar and stocks advancing in the very near term (3 to 10 days) or do you expect these directions to last for longer term (30 days or more)? Earlier I heard that oil was up and dollar was down this morning on European markets, I haven't checked however.
Thanks again for your opinion.
Matt
Dear Boris,
I will look for you response later, I'll be off line till later today.
Matt
Dear Matt
I expected the stock market to rally with DOllar and for GOLD/EURO/OIL,,, in short ANTIDOLLAR to decline for next few days. If this rally in stocks or the decline in ANTIDOLLAR is not strong enough, there is a chance that on the next round the ANTIDOLLAR could go for newer highs. Rememeber I have two crucial dates for OIL top. Now or end of July.
Of course, market can decide not to listen to us and do something else. Like top in between those dates or later.
But that is what we think at this point. MDS can finetune this for us as well.
I do not see large movements yet in anything this mornning. It is all within the limits os small fluctuations that Dollar declined.
GOld is actually down and Oil is up a bit.
As I indicated before, the safer way to play the ANTIDOLLAR decline would be to play GOLD-OIL card.
Good Trading
Major treasury auctions action this week, we know where those dollars need to go...
Dear D, welcome into this week.
May it be prosperous and thanks for your reminder of the T actions.
GOod Trading
Likewise!
Post a Comment