Friday, May 23, 2008

Attraction Points







1384 1383 1380 1377 spx 1391 1393 1395 1398

I would presume that Energy COMPLEX and/or FINANCIALS is pushing SPX down strong at this point. We






10:09 ET, I was obviously wrong about energy COMPLEX in the above statement as the graph paints the correct picture for S&P groups

shall see soon.

HOME SALES expected 4.8 ACTUAL 4.9 not much difference







10:12 ET, I did not express exactly why preference for Q's over SPX, but maybe today's Q out performance says it better than I could.




10:50 ET, time to risk 5-10 c on q




11:00 ET, Stand on break even now, if you survived the suckers




11:06 ET, anybody with 10c stop should have survived. stand at break even, max you could rsik is the low of the day so far 47.99 on QQQQ, Remember I see this as a day trade, it is up to you if you see it as part of FORMULA




11:21 ET, obviously this trade ended very fast with the break even for me. It is a thin market and I would not doubt that SUCKERS are monitoring us as well... DO YOU SEE THE TAIL ON THAT LAS SWIPE, ESPECIALLY ON Q's, not that much on SPX?








We knew that ANTIDOLLAR has a chance to carry over into next week. We know that MDS has at least 2-3 days of adverse action on average, so there is nothing new here. We just need to calmly execute what the ROBOT says. We know ROBOT is always early, that is why we invented the ROBOT FORMULA, for HUMANS, not ROBOTS(please make a distinction here).

57 comments:

john said...

Boris,

Good morning, leaving for your Pittsburgh early tomorrow.
As for the Qs- some Sopitalist raised Apple to a strong buy- somewhere. I heard it on the "oil" channel. Sick of hearing about cost of gasoline, i drive an old toyota corolla.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
My salutations to the STEEL city.
Let the Force be with you on this
trip. But let the PIRATES win nevertheless(:-

GOod Trading

john said...

Boris,

Go Cubs

old john

boris said...

Ok My Dear Friend,
Have it your way...

Can you arrange for EVEN,
Stupid me, that is not possible in BASEBALL is not it?

Good Trading

chronictown said...

spx needs to hold 1383.Just bought some puts on USO. Boris,if oil breaks 135, would that be a good mental stop?

boris said...

Dear Chronictown, the possibility lf ANTIDOLLAR play is 25+-2 tading days which covers Monday Tuesda as well, so it is more of a timing rather than pricing , but Yes new highs will not be a good sign, at least in a short term, of day to three.

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

Go DUG

Trading account just hit another high

THX for your help Boris--you have givin me the extra I needed--Greenie, Mark and others THX also

Anonymous said...

when we broke I picked up some QID

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Credit is all yours.
I could not do anything, if you were not so concentrated and on the goals.

Good Trading

czman said...

so much for quiet, low volum trading day! My guess is nervous nellies will not want to go long for three day weekend. MDS will not p[rove itself until Tuesday at the earliest. I just hope we can keep the MDS drawdown here at the 1% level.

czman said...

Hmmm. SPX down 1.29%. Boris--what is a typical adverse excursion on MDS?

boris said...

Dear CZman,
It is about 33 or so and maximum has been 92, Average loss is 27
GOod Trading

Unknown said...

This could be playing out like the January 3rd breakdown. MDS was on buy then, too. I will not go long here with the SPX under 1383. Would rather wait until Tuesday and catch it on the way back up. Remember when the market was closed for MLK day? Not a good weekend to be long.

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
Everthing is possible
I know our memory of that time is not great(est)(:--

To say the least.

But, small position, please do not get shaken out.

GOod Trading

czman said...

The Market is a harsh mistress. I've waited until Tuesday openings after three days to be cautious just to see the market gap up 1.2%.

With every passing day I become more inclined to establish mechanical rules (ROBOT) and follow them, and not try to overprocess what might happen on a gap. If position is manageable (can afford to lose it), then over the course of time successful system pays off, even if there is a 92 point maximum adverse excursion.

czman said...

does MDS have built in stops? Or it just rides out until a power move gives the signal?

boris said...

Dear Czman,
MDS has not built in stops, but it assumes that your capital is wiped out at 92 points. So you may want to make that your stop.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Czman,
MDS has not built in stops, but it assumes that your INITIAL capital is wiped out at 92 points. So you may want to make that your stop.

Good Trading

young grasshopper said...

Hi Boris,
Keeping with the formula. On 5th AP

Anonymous said...

Sold 1/2 of Dug as its very extended here 28.76

Now I have a manageable position

boris said...

Dear Hopper,
Good, just an advice,
If you are going to take another 15% in here, just make sure that sometime by the end of the day those 15% are profitable or highly profitable.

Let us see that we do not have anything like the case Dear Blaine describes. MDS ended up with a small loss, but the roller coaster was a nerves wrack...

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

I will repeat my formula.

Stay small and stay in business.

patience, if you have to walk away from the computer, walk away and let MDS take over. I learned that early on

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
I wish I had learned that early on.
I would be rich...

How stupid my human is? When world was watching MDS put away 100% each month and I was sucking the DUST...

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

I learned the hard way last september when I was new on the board. I obviously do not make as much as I could if I risked more, but I also know that if I were down substantially, I would bail and later be sorry I did. I am down now but not enough to bother me.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Best of the money managers, have experienced drawdowns of 15-20% in their trading. That includes Bill Miller one of the best in the business.

Yet MDS makes them look like the 1st graders in the elementary school(:-

Good Trading

boris said...

What is incredible Dear Readers is that I bought NQ futures MINI nasdaq on the MDS signal around 1960 and I am still only 2 points away from there!

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,
I just deal with what makes me sleep at night. I learned twice last year and I will never make that mistake again. Both times I bailed at the low ( or high) at a substantial loss and then reverse course to profitability. Never again.

thanx again
old john

czman said...

And therein lies the rub and the evils of leverage, Boris, if you will allow me to preach some more. A 20% drawdown in a system is unhappy. But if you were leveraged 2X, for example, a 20% drawdown becomes a 40% drawdown, and recovery becomes much less likely! Beware all forms of leverage! Even with a system with 90% win ratio. The drawdown can and will happen.

boris said...

Well,
Preaching to the pulpit my Dear Friend.

Robot assumes you have unlimited amount of money, ot at least 92 points worht of EMINI money, which is $5000.00. If you leverage it will be wiped out in a loss of 50 points only and you will start reconstruction from ZERO, which means you will never make your money again...

Anybody that does not understand that, whould first read the disclaimers on the site and then needs to quit trading until, he/she understand that leverage is not allowed here.

Not only that, MDS does not use the money it won to trade. MOney it won goes to the bank, to be never seen in the trading account again( hopefully).
Good Trading

D said...

Boris -

Bill Miller sucks...

His excuse for HORRIBLE performance the past two years was because he didn't want to buy the stocks that were going up. In a recent interview he said they will start buying momentum stocks now.

He had a secular bull market for his entire career, I give him no pat on the back.

Infernos said...

I believe Lehman Brothers is taking the market down today. Otherwise I would have to believe there would be a rally with oil going down. This may be another Bear Sterns nightmare but who knows, I guess only the sopitalist!!

boris said...

Dear D,
That is true,
But at least to his credit he outperformed SPX fo last 14 years, which others did not do.

And Yes, it is correct, when BILL was losing everybody MONEY MDS was winning 100% a month.

Well even last 3 trades MDS is -13+31+20=48, which is 50% gain on 92 points it requires in the account...

Good Trading.
The only thing is we must and we always give disclaimer. PAST PRESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE PERFORMANCE.

boris said...

Dear Dante,
If my memory is still working(:-

It is the first time you post here. then or otherwise welcome to our house the community of real gentlemen and ladies.

There seems to be always some news that comes out right after MDS gets into position to take the market against it and scare the investors/traders , just when they should be looking for opporutinies. You maybe onto somthing to say that this a SOPITALIST ploy to "PAINT THE TAPE"

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

Sold QID for 1% and TWM for 6% profit--just own DUG now

Will just wait to short again soon in 5 days so?????

Maybe the 6/6 date will be the big one for the turn

boris said...

Dear Lag, I am thinking 6/8 +-1 trading day. Close

GOod Trading

mlytle said...

Hi Boris,

Just noticed you are residing in Pittsburgh...I was born in New Kensington, Pa. about 18 miles up the Allegheny...beautiful countryside around there..

Congradulations on how your site has grown/ is growing..

Regards,
Mark L.

boris said...

Dear Readers,
Having all that said.
Let us not forget that I am not totally crazy about the ROBOT taking this signal. WHY?

As Dear Waldo said the ROBOT contradicting the PCRATIO for one.
As another thing ROBOT is condradticing the Summation which is still on the SELL.

And now the trendlines are broken all over, in VIX in SPX daily chart etc.

So, why stick with the ROBOT, because it defied these things things before and and it may, yet do it again on this trade.

In general though, there is not even a quesition why. Because I for one have proven that I am miserably no match to MDS and I have to find many HUMANS who are.

And just following other two secrets of trading:

1) Have a system
2) Follow it

Biggest sinners among traders are the ones who will say, "well I am going to follow the system when I watnt to"

Well, excuse me... that is not what follow the SYSTEM means... Not at all.

Follow the system means that you gave up the discretion. And became an extension to the ROBOT. That is it. Or as JOhn said, ROBOT will make you regret all your discretions.

Good Trading

boris said...

Having all the above said, when do we pull the plugh on the ROBOT...

Only when it demonstrates that it is not walking the uptrend over couple months or so...

GOod Trading

john said...

Boris,

I remember two " sells" ago when it appeared the MDS would never work out. It did, small gain, but a gain.

old john

boris said...

Dear Mark,
I do not reside in Pittsurgh. I wish, I could reside there and be a STUDENT at CME again and relive those days of CITI of championts PIRATES and STEELERS and (:-

Well, I will stop here.
I wish I could live in SAN DIEGO city of my love.

I wish I could live in AUSTIN driging on the BARNETT drag again and going to 5h/6th ave, which I am told aint the same again.

I wish I could sing with WILLY "on the road again"...

I had lived or visited almost all states of USA and EUROPE as part of my COMPUTER consulting work.

I wish many places and states and countries I could live, but I can only be one place at a time.

Salute not New Kensigton PA.
I want to go to OHIO PILE again...

But thanks for your past and present participation and you are alwasys welcome on this site in any capacity you would like.

We love your comments on your site or here and you link is here for any of our readers to go over , any time they please.

Dear Readers, Mark is really smart guy. His site deserves a good look every day. Do not miss it.
Dear Mark
Thank you so much.
Keep up the great work

Tina1000 said...

We may have started the bounce. Still have my small long position and let the MDS decide when to exit. Have a nice weekend all, everyday I learn here something from you :-)
Tina

boris said...

Dear John,
We have seen a lot togher with this system. I am sure people will grow to appreciate the peace of mind this unassuming ROBOT provides, if only because it guarantees( almost ) that your signal will get at least one big spectacular day in your direction, even if takes some time(:-

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Tina,
Wish you success.
Good Weekend and Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Readers,
See again, how perverted I have become,
I have called my UNIVERSITY CMU as CME(futures exchange).

Is this what I have become?
I can not spell my beloved UNIVERSITY Carnegie Mellon University? Shame On me.

You see what trading does to you...
All you remember is exchanges(:-

GOod Trading

Unknown said...

Hi Boris,

Yes, the machine is the system I follow for swing trades. I just bought a small long position on Q's and DIA. However, on a day like today, this market is weak and wants to stay down into the close. We are already 2 points under the your 5th intraday SPX AP of 1377...

I really don't want to be long over the weekend, but I must follow the system and keep it small.

Blaine

Unknown said...

I also remember the 2/22/08 final 30-minute spike from low 5th to high 5th AP...

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
I salute your desire to follow the system it is either that or throw the map in an unknown city...

I am for the system
And Iam totally blown away with the fact tht with all that has gone today, I am almost unchanged from my initial NQ purchase of 1960?!
There must be something worng here?

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
Yes,
You have a good memory my dear friend. Once all the controls are mastered, I think you could make an excellent and succesfull trader.

Good Trading

Unknown said...

All the credit goes to my teacher. I have learned it all from you and your tutoring.

Thanks for awakening me and so many others.

boris said...

Dear Blaine,
I will take credit for being a good coach, but you should take a credit for being a good listener...
And fast mind for a trader.

GOod Trading

D said...

My system has had a sell on for the afternoon session.

No econ numbers/OPEX to distort so it should come though.

czman said...

Far be it for me to try to anticiipate Robot, but my guess is there will be a counter trend rally for a couple days that will bring it back to breakeven, or perhaps a small gain, then a sell signal shall emerge for us to follow the next leg down.

It doesn't matter which leg is breakeven and which is positivie, so long as there is a net positive expectancy.

boris said...

Dear Readers, Dear D and Dear Czman
As can be seen without the APPLE and QUALCOM the Q's would be -13 not -3.

But I WILL TAKE ON A DAY LIKE THIS ONE(:-

GOod Trading

Infernos said...

Hello, Boris that was my first post. thanks for the welcome.

boris said...

Welcome Dear Dante,
ENJOY, and keep posting as much as you want and learn as much as you can. That is what we are here for.

Thanks for coming along
Good Trading

john said...

Boris and all,

Have a good weekend. Talk to you tuesday

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Have a nice weekend.
Good Trading