Friday, September 21, 2007

Limits


Gold looking for trouble, or trouble looking for Gold.
O RUT 769.93 - 795.400
O SPX 1511.76 - 1537.87
O QQQQ 50.56 - 50.11
O GLD 69.80 - 70.50
O TSX

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

All,

I don't think the limits are updated. They are the same as the ones from two days ago.

Have a great holiday Boris and everyone else who observes.

Paul

Malcolm McIntyre said...

thanks paul.

Jim Taylor, JD said...

Hi Boris,

Major Cluster:

13866
10000 NYSE
2048 NDX100
2679 NAZ
1530.5

SHORT until October 8

Jim

waldo said...

Malcomm, I think index and stock options expire on saturday at noon, I also was told that is the reason the market won't sell off today. Hope this is right and hope it helps.

Greenie said...

For John:

3:43PM EST. Check this chart.

http://tinyurl.com/232jaq

A selloff developing, but the major indices do not know it yet.

DJR tells you what is coming.

Greenie said...

3:47PM - now RUT got the memo.

Greenie said...

After that, all indices sold off from their peaks.

john said...

Greenie,
thank you. going to bigcharts now.
Old JOhn

john said...

Greenie,
I ran it on big charts and yahoo. On yahoo I ran it on the 5 day chart with rsi and macd. I see the problem.
thank you
Old John

john said...

Greenie,
In your estimation if djr breaks below its previous low, it is going down hard?
Old John

Unknown said...

Hi Boris,

I recently bought a very small parcel of IPL.ax at $72 and still want to add more.

It looks like it's running away here, but do you think there's still a good chance for a pullback to $76 for a buy?

cobbense said...

May have posted this before, but :

"One other thing to keep in mind is that options expiry for October gold is on September 25th. Between the strike prices of $670 and $700 there are about 32,000 call options written"

That would provide a good reason for gold to be heavily sold off early next week. Though the pretext would likely be something else, like unexpected central bank maneuvers, etc.

However, if they can't take gold down, it could move up strongly instead, as the call sellers panic & scramble to cover.

At least, this is worth keeping an eye on.

Regards,

Alexander "The G.R.E.A.T." Alperovich said...

Short-Term Geocosmics from http://www.mmacycles.com/weekly-preview/mma-comments-for-the-week/comments-fort-he-week-beginning-september-24,-2007/

So what was so special about last week? Heliocentric Mercury in Sagittarius (September 11-22) and the Moon in Sagittarius (September 17-19, also known as the “Sagittarius Factor”). Remember Sagittarius and its ruling planet Jupiter has in common the theme of exaggeration and expansion. It is not so unusual to witness strong rallies (or collapses) when the two ingresses are happening simultaneously. There was also a T-square between Sun-Mars-Pluto last week too, the midpoint of which occurred on September 19. That happened to be the day that several indices made their high of the week.

For this week, the major geocosmic indicator will occur on Friday, September 28, when Mars moves into Cancer. This will conjunct the natal Pluto, oppose the natal Sun, of the Federal Reserve Board chart (created on December 23, 1913). We can anticipate reversals in interest-rate related markets at that time, and perhaps some criticism directed towards BB&P for their “aggressive” actions as of late. Right now they are heroes for acting aggressively. That honeymoon will end as soon as economic indicators point out the inflation is starting to rise.

Greenie said...

john, I am not making a forecast on DJR, but rather using it to learn about where the rest of the market (SPX, NDX/QQQQ, INDU) is going. The hypotheis is that DJR gives you an early signal. So, if DJR breaks down, I expect other indices to follow accordingly.

boris said...

Dear Paul, thanks for your comments
Dear Malcolm,thanks to"taking over"
Dear JD, as always , thanks
Dear Waldo, alwasys good standby
Dear Greenie, informative and Special thanks for helping JOhn
Dear Cobbense, I know why I like your comments
Dear Jebuskrite answer coming
Dear Alexander, always mistical, but extremely interesting

boris said...

Dear JEbuskrite,
this stock should have never gone above 70 (: :).

Now that it has, it is likely to correct together with the market. Having not much to go by at this stage ( cause it rocketed in the land of NONO) I will put a FIB/ELLIOT hat and say that the coming correction will take it at least 50% correction lower for the last runup, which looks like 5 waves completed.

Then we get 72(38%), 70(50%) 68(62%) retracements, now here is 70 again, ha...

It better hold at 70. I think 76 as a stop is too optimistic, but then again this stock is on the rocket fuel and who knows.

You may want to buy at 76 when and if total market is in good shape( for that stay tuned for B&C, that is us , ofcourse)

GOod Trading Dear Jebusckrite

boris said...

Dear DXB, SQROOT, thanks for your good holiday wishes.
Appreciate.
Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Gorli, for explanation of OSCILATORS, read, search "ReadingOscillator"

Good Trading