Friday, March 14, 2008

Attraction Points(Apoints)

SPX 1311,1308,1302,1295 -1327,1330,1336,1344

11:50 ET, we have witnessed today another day of assault on Dollar, So far Dollar is standing unbowed for today. Especially important is the YEN and so far it is in small plus position.
SO far YEN hit the fourth low Attraction Point of today and bounced nicely. It has now bounced three times from the sub 100 area. Fourth run down there may not be pretty.
14:23 ET, we hit the fifth low AP for JPY, timing also support bounce from here.
14:37 ET, look at JPY numbers Daily are within 20-40 cents for first and second

27 comments:

john said...

Boris.

Market is nuts.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Good morning Boris and all

Have a lot of personal things going on so wont be around here as much. Do have some SRS--

Maybe looking for a sell on MDS model--mine stuff was getting close when I bought it yesterday--just got a so so price tho.

This bank stuff keeps snowballing with no end in sight

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Thanks
Yes, and guess what,
They are screwing the markets so that their stinking traders make the "manufactured money"

Good Trading

Superbear said...

A bit confused.

Are you saying that US$ will strengthen against the Yen when you say "Fourth run down may not be pretty."

If so, what's your thinking on how low Yen can go? Timeframe?

Anonymous said...

Boris do you have a 5th level for the S&P

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Use the fifth,
What is missing is the first, I could not make it up

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Shankar,
Welcome, Our subscribers know where the Annual Attraction Points are, so they would not be confused with this statement.

Yes, the possibility exists Of new Dollar lows anytime from here to the first couple weeks of April.
I do not know where , which day, but we usyally talk about those here as well.

Market does not have to listen to what we say, but usually they are close.

Good Trading

Superbear said...

Boris,

Got it. Thanks for the answer.


Shankar

boris said...

Dear Shankar, ENJOY.

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Boris

when you blow thru 5th level and stay there---is the crash next possibility or just another leg lower?

boris said...

Another lag, lower does become probable when that happens. Dear Lag,

That also means that MDS may have elongated cycle of 10 or more days, at the end of which it will be luck to get out with a small loss

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

thanx. out for the day, tried to catch a falling knife, got bloody hands. Learned a lesson/

old john

Anonymous said...

THX Boris

what a great source of info

boris said...

Dear John,
Where are the stops?
If you do not see where to place the stop. leave it alone.

Look athe charts I provided ( you see either you must see a candle in your direction or RSI/MACD must help you point the right place.

If not, even if you made a mistake, where is the cup of coffee stop Dear John?

ENJOY, this is lerning also.

There is nothing like a smlall loss

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear John,
Where are the stops?
If you do not see where to place the stop. leave it alone.

Look athe charts I provided ( you see either you must see a candle in your direction or RSI/MACD must help you point the right place.

If not, even if you made a mistake, where is the cup of coffee stop Dear John?

ENJOY, this is lerning also.

There is nothing like a smlall loss

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Welcome

GOod Trading

mlytle said...

Hi Boris,
I have posted some additional analysis and potential turn dates through the end of the month...I still see weakness ahead for a little while longer..

Regards,
Mark L.

boris said...

Dear Mark,
Thanks a lot,

Dear Readers, let us go and see what are the Mark's points of interest.

Here I go

GOod Trading

Klaatu said...

Dear Boris
Martin Armstrong's next
Economic Confidence Model cycle is due
2008.225, which is about Mar.22nd. This correlates with Mark
Lytle's cycle work that I just checked on his blog.

Next Tues is FOMC meeting.
Options expire next week.With Friday markets closed, everything will be condensed into 4 trading days.
Ate my loss in e-minis and took some profits in gold and shorts in the Brutish Pd.
Thanks for the guidance on these wild days Boris.
Good trading

boris said...

Dear Klaatu,
Thanks,

Unfortuantely, the Armstrong model is not very precise. Ando some things may change on that date and some things may not. March 22 is certainly an important date, cause it so colse to my birthday, but I would not say when(:-

Yes, Thanks a lot , something that is worth to consider. I have, for one, kept saying that true low of Dollar may not come til Passover( which is mid April) and that has been going for 18 months now. We are definitely in the hot area for a change and every bit of info helps to pintpiont the date and time.

We will discuss more of these in this weekend update.

Again thanks and Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Well, for what its worth.

I find two PANIC bottoming scenarios that are similar to now.

Dec 1987 post CRASH.
Oct 1990 post melt down.

We seem to be following a bit of both scanrios....from 2/27/08 - 3/10/08 we followed the 1987 scenario almost lock-step. Since then, we follow the 1990 panic bottoming formation nearly lock-step. Today should be contained to small bounce from lows where SPX should finish around 1285 or higher. Monday can be small doji day, however, Tues, Wed next week would be VERY VERY big UP days...the move from T-Thur according (if we continue to follow) to 1990 scenario would be an upside move of almost 7%.

Thats the trade I am waiting/planning for.

Anonymous said...

If you look at Marks work (other Mark)on the Vix it also projects the end of March for it to top near 38

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
On our way to the next Euro Apoint?
The cycle high that I was looking for earlier in the week didn't materialize. I have a possible turn for next Tuesday. Have you got anything before Passover?
I appreciate any thoughts that you have to share.
Good trading to you.

Bert

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Thank you for all of your work this week.
A good weekend to you and everybody here.
All the best.

Bert

boris said...

Dear Bert,
Sorry, I just got to reading again.
I will send you something, I do not want to put this info over the ether.

Send me your email please.

GOod Trading

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Done. Thank you very much.

Bert