Friday, March 28, 2008

Attraction Points(Apoints)


Coming up
Dear Readers, there is a link below to one of the BLOOMBERG news item telling the story of CITIBANK initiating the FOREX trading. No more old stodgy CITI? GO Wikram!
SPX 1327 1326 1324 1322-1332 1333 1334 1336
Click -> GROUPTATION link my mornings start there. So should yours
Dear Readers, You are unlucky to have me as your host. I always caution you and you lose money(:- On the other hand, if you just listen to MDS, you would be BILLIONER or better yet, TRILLIONER ( the way the BERNANKE printing machines work , this may not be as outlandish as you think). So, just fire me and subscribe to MDS and get emails and say goodbye to stupid BORIS
12:04 ET, OK children played in the markets this morning and the trend has emerged. They are disgusted with their inability to move the markets higher, in spite all the efforts. Now, New York is out for lunch and they will think of something, like were to take kids this weekend... Forget the market it will be slow day, just as MDS wrote the script... At least that is the way it looks to me at this time. Remember we are not expecting much up tendency, cause MDS said so.
WHAT WORKS IN TRADING
Dear Hopper,I am sorry to disappoint you and say that majority of publicly available info is garbage and is unusable for profits, unless you have an unique way of looking at markets.I would compare understanding markets to understanding kids. Now, we all know how difficult it is to understand our own kids... Imagine how much more difficult it is to understand somebody Else's kids...Well, Having that said. It is not the tools that are the problem, it is the information you feed these tools...GIGO WORKS! ( Garbage In Produces Garbage Out).What is garbage then? Why most of what we/public use is garbage? Because, anything that is used by public will be defeated by FLOOR traders , and other professionals. In fact they love to find you where the ELLIOT wave tells you to hide. Not knocking ELLIOT WAVE, just an example.So, you must have a tool that is not heavily publicly used and you must protect the tool. So, what works anyway? What kind of information works.You see the Market is a the large numbers beast and statistics is able to work with it. But you must find the information and extract it across large number of stocks to get something meaningful.Just like , having experiments with you child( you tell him/her it is a GAME RIGHT?) and then making the statistical analysis of their reaction.I wish I could give you more, but what I excluded is a big area. If you work by elimination principle, you should from now be bale to look at the information and say! this IS Garbage part of the GIGO and throw it away. Remember though, while information may be worthless on its own, in aggregation with other information it could be very powerful...That is why the OSCILLATORS work sometimes, even if it is price only oscillator.Remember about my info ... OSCILLATORS included. It is not the fact that it is the oscillator that counts.It is the the information that it is using that matters. Any information, eventually, must express motion in some direction ( that is what you want to bet on). In that sense, everything is an oscillator of some sorts.Good Trading

20 comments:

john said...

Boris,

Cannot do that, MDS does not answer my very basic ( and I do mean basic) questions.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Thanks for making me look useful(:-
But we know better do not we.
Machines are coming!

Good Trading

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Where would the benefits of community come
from?:)
I like knowing that you are all out there. It reinforces my belief that, while the sopitalists may have some power, they are in the minority.
Besides, the least we can do is support you in your efforts to live up to Shota Rustavely's motto:) You give a lot - hopefully you also receive plenty!
Thanks to everybody here.
Good trading to all.

Bert

boris said...

Dear Bert,
Love you man.

I want to live!!!

Yes, MDS can be smarter, but the god damn thing has no heart...

You got that right?

Love you all GUYS/GIRS

Being Human is wonderful even if it means we are going to find new master... machines(:-

At least they have not been programmed to be SOPITALISTS and you can level with them(:- ( SO, FAR)

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

7 consecutive 15min candle closes below SPY 200sma...15min chart

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Making Money.
Great
Congrats.

Thanks for updating us

GOod trading

Anonymous said...

Almost Always more new lows than highs--thats bearish

young grasshopper said...

Hi Boris,
I am trying to learn more about trading tools. Indicators, Pattern Searches, and Oscillators.
It seems like a lot of information to learn, do you know of any good resources,( books, web, sites)?

Indicators like Bollinger Bands, Stochastic, MA, MACD, etc and

Rules like Lindahl, Gap, Double Reversal, Classic Patterns, etc and

Oscilators like KST, RSI, Momentum, etc.

I know that you use Oscillators here, are they the same?
Where does Summation fit in? And the MDS?

I understand that these are proprietary, but I was wondering which tools are more useful than others?

boris said...

Dear Hopper,
I am sorry to disappoint you and say that majority of publically available info is garbage and is unusable for profits, unless you have an unique way of looking at markets.

I would compare understanding markets to understanding kids. Now, we all know how difficult it is to understand our own kids... Imagine how much more difficult it is to understand somebody elses kids...

Well, Having that said. Is not the tools that are the problem, it is the information you feed these tools...

GIGO WORKS! ( Garbage In Produces Garbage Out).

What is garbage then? Why most of what we/public use is garnage? Beacuase, anything that is used by public will be defeated by FLOOR traders , and other professionals. In fact they love to find you where the ELLIOT wave tells you to hide. Not knocking ELLIOT WAVE, just an example.

So, you must have a tool that is not haevily publically used and you must protect the tool.

So, what works anyway? What kind of information works.

You see the Market is a the large numbers beast and statistics is able to work with it. But you must find the infoprmation and extract it across large number of stocks to get something meaningful.

Just like , haveing experiments with you child( you tell him/her it is a GAME RIGHT?) and then making the statistical analysis of their reaction.

I wish I could give you more, but what I excluded is a big area. If you work by elimination prinicple, you should from now be bale to look at the information and say! this IS Garbage part of the GIGO and throw it away.

Remember though, while information may be worthless on its own, in aggregation with other information it could be very powerful...


That is why the OSCILLATORS work sometimes, even if it is price only oscllator.

Remember about my info ... OSCILATORS included. It is not the fact that it is the oscillator that counts.

It is the the inforamation that it is using that matters. Any information, eventually, must express motion in some direction ( that is what you want to bet on). In that sense, everything is an oscillator of some sorts.

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

dumped about 2/3 shorts on the pop

Anonymous said...

see everyone Monday--anniversary and little womans birthday

john said...

Lagscrew,

Have a good weekend.

old john

Wanderer said...

Dear Lagscrew,
My wife's birthday today as well. Two good women, no doubt!
Have a great weekend.
Thanks for all of your input.

Bert

Wanderer said...

Almost forgot... Happy Anniversary!

boris said...

Dear Lag,Bert,JOhn,

Let us drink to all good women, anyversary girls especailly.

Enjoy your Weekends and Make the Ladies happy

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

sold all shorts

Anonymous said...

THX everyone---Im gone for sure this time

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Hear! Hear!

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Long live the MDS!
I have a cycle turn for Mon/Tues. Is that too early for a MDS buy? I guess it depends on the size and speed of any drop. Still, I thought that I would get your ideas on the subject.
Good trading to you.

Bert

boris said...

Dear Bert,
MDS cycle has been 6 days for profitable and 10 days for losing trade , on average.

So, the Monday/Tuesday does present some cycle zone, but given variation it could be next Monday Tuesday(I mean the one after next) as well. Good Trading