Monday, January 07, 2008

Short Story


Last night I was listening to Bob Brinker show on KGO radio. And he had finally acknowledged that $Dollar was in the basement and that "Strong Dollar" policy was BS from the Treasury and on and on... Thank god neither he nor Kudlow can hide behind anything that masks Dollars Demise. Then he said something that , for a man of his status, well, let us say just does not add up.

"But Americans in everyday life do not see the 'Import Prices' going up. So, they do not complain".

Denial is not the river Dear Bob. I should know, I am closer to it at this point (River that is )

Dear , Oh, Dear Mr Brinker. Give it up the charade. Americans are not as stupid as you think. They see "import prices" going up , even without leaving USA. Dear Bob, did you fille'r up lately, or does your driver fill up for you? When was the last time you went to buy groceries? Even if your spause does all the shopping, I am sure you look at you bank account sometimes? Why would you not explain to your SENIOR listeners(vast majority of your listeners) how their Social Security is , depreciated and forcibly kept away from them in GW's slash budget to make BUFFET and GATES rich(er) with "Earnings" coming from destroyed $USDollar ( remember listener asked who was a loser? Ordianary US(A) Savers, SEINORS that is who! what a difficulty you had getting these words out, well you never got them out, instead some BS about US citizens traveling abroad came to your mind? You had no courage to tell your listeners, that they were the primary losers, Thank God your substitute - Bill Flanagan did not have same lack of courage, and denounced holding SS in USA government Budget). And, Yes give up the charade of sticking with official Inflietion ( see vocabulary link) numbers ( you stick to them , to justify higher stock valuations, your cheer leading is appreciated at VANGUARD and few other SOPITALIST gatherings. I must admit that VANGUARD and you are on a slightly better side of the SOPITALISM).

And you know what, even though you swear not to(any more) announce on the air what your market sentiment is, you have actually stated/urged your listeners to "by them". Let us hope that power of multimillion listeners works, cause me and friends here ( ANIT-SOPITALISTS) have entered bit of a long positions and even , AS our stock market status reading is XBBB(very powerful buy signal), we could use your listeners help to propel our investments(::).

11 comments:

xerxes said...

Hello Dear Boris.....

Early in the European session the buck seems to have some legs....So I'm wondering if the train has left the station on the Yen Put idea....
USD/JPY has moved from 108.5 handle to 109.33....I guess the Sept 08 puts which sold at 0.38 Friday will be a bit more dear but you think I should buy anyways....or perhaps it is just better to borrow Yen direct and sell them for buckeroos.... I know I sound a bit amateurish but I don't feel comfortable being long the dollar....I much prefer trading the buck on the short side....

BTW, have you seen this clip going around that is set to an old Beach Boy song called Barbara Ann? Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHQK4HTytU&feature=related

boris said...

Dear Xerxes,
If you could trade incrementally ( increments depend on your capital right? like 1/2 at a time) I have no problem you buying JPY puts...

I actually sold USD/JPY puts?
I will look at the link.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Xerxes, the cartoon is hillaries or HILLARY'es.

Good Tading

xerxes said...

Hello Dear Boris....

You like to collect those premiums :-) It is more appealing then shelling out dough I must admit .....Where could I find the option chain for $/JPY? The CME lists the Yen Calls & Puts and selling Yen Calls is the same as selling $/Yen Puts....What do you think is best....

boris said...

Dear Xerxes,
Selling Yen Calls is could be fine..., hopefully on correction.

Good Trading

tim c said...

Just a note I wanted to pass on to you about the "Strong Dollar",,
I saw a TV commercial the other day,,,,It's a McDonalds Hamburger commercial touting their dollar menu.
Begins with a scene of what appears to be brokers/traders discussing the weak dollar. They begin saying things like "whoa,,,the dollars really sinking,,,looks very weak"
Then one of them makes transition to McDonald 1$ menu,,,and then they say,,,"Hey,,,the dollars looking real good here"
I was a little taken back to see such a mainstream outlet trashing the dollar like this,,,but then again,,,maybe that's the plan,,,to start to begin to explain away inflation/gold/oil prices strictly by way of a weak dollar. Maybe blame in on China. Who knows.
Also,,,my other thought was that we could see the dollar strengthen,,,,just because of the fact that weakness is now being discussed in a McDonalds commecial.
Anyway,,,I found it interesting to see McDonalds putting out a major advertising campaign trashing the dollar.

boris said...

Dear Tim
Great, I appreciate your post. That is like I was there now on route 10 in NJ taking my little ( not any more) kids to Donalds...

Yes, to your sentiment, if Macdonalds knows this then we maybe at a turnaround of $USDollar. For me predicting this for more than a year now ( turnaround in 2008-2009) is music...


Good Trading

Sang said...

Dear Boris and timc and friends,

I saw that McDonald's commercial this morning... the moment I saw it, I knew the dollar would strengthen.

Seeing a McDonald's commercial trashing the dollar is like hearing my barber talking about how he's going to get rich with Dot-Com stocks.

Cheers!

boris said...

Dear Sang,
Good morning to you too...

Yes, YES, YES.... Agree.


Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

I second your thoughts on Brinker. I have listened to him in the past and at least I thought he was an honorable man. No more, he sold out.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
I was similarily confused initially and cam to conclusion that he became a manipulator due to his position.

Needless to say his position ( contolling 6 million investor minds) is incredibly powerful and he is abusing it...

Yes he made 80% is the market for last 5 years, but he could have made the same by selling the DOLLAR?

So, for him to look GOD like is, let us say, overstatement.

If he could only admit that inflation was coming , some of his listeners could now be 300% up not 80%... by simply being in GOLD, but he discouraged it and pretty dishonestly I would say.

Good Trading