Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Attraction Points

Dear Readers,
The possible turnaround times today are 12:00pm and 15:00pm.
N QQQQ 43.07 - 44.30,44.56,44.96,45.66,46.46
N SPX 1271 - 1300,1311,1323
N QID

So, Did you guys enjoy the circus? O my!

10:23 ET, Q's reacting at first AP
10:24 ET, breaking it.
10:27 ET, Q, approaching second AP
10:28 ET, JPY could be exhausting
10:29 ET, Q, exhausting at first AP
10:41 ET, Q' second try at first AP, looks success?
10:43 ET, Q's still struggling with first AP, looks tired and heading to lows at 12:00 ET.?
10:51 ET, it may support on EXP MA's at 44.00
10:59 ET, JPY at 4th
11:02 ET, Q's attacking first AP again...
11:03 ET, tremendous bounce by BKX around 74 (WFC +8%, BAC +7%)
11:05 ET , Q's break first decisively, almost at second AP(44.56)
11:09 ET, Q's going for 45 ( third AP)?
11:10 ET, JPY going 5th AP ( 107)
11:11 ET, WFC up 10%
11:13 ET, Q' stall at second AP
11:15 ET, Q's exahausted at 2nd ( 5min, sell signals on JPY and Q), but hourly is long way from SELL
12:10 ET, I think we are getting the 12:00 ET kick( see turnaround times announced this morning , above)
12:30 ET, JPY status 0,0,1,0,1 (Price, Intermediate term sell , near term mixed/buy, due to hourly buy)
13:14 ET, Q's could be failing twice on second? down into 15:00pm?
15:35 Ok, Looks like we are getteng the 15:00pm turnaround working this time.

25 comments:

curt504 said...

Boris, do you think your yellow brick road date of 1/25 is inverted? Other astro / cycle forecasters also have 1/24-25 but as a low.

tnx curt

john said...

Boris,

I assume Eastern Times.

old john

john said...

just dumped interest rates by 3/4

boris said...

Dear Curt,
Jan 25-27 is important time window.
Could be inverted.

Good Trading

Jason said...

Well, I guess we all knew the FED would bail the rich out again. I hope they choke on the money.

Jason

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the last time such a LARGE drop in interest rates occurred...it was in 1980, however, Fed funds were at 8 1/2%. The market went straight up 29% in next 6 months after rate cut.

http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/statistics/dlyrates/fedrate.html

daveo said...

Boris, I would like to trade as you do, but I don't have the time on a daily basis to trade. So I have to take a swing at the swing trades, place my stops and let it ride. I have learned a great deal from you. Thanks, Daveo

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I think today is going to be an interesting day.

I got up thinking that the rest of the world thought the dollar was the strongest currency. Where would you want to be with Germany down 5-7%, just to name one.

But now with the interest rate cut, the YEN has fallen sharply this morning, after heading towards 107. Logically, usually, when you cut your interest rate your currency gets weaker.

What a day, already.

good day.

boris said...

Dear John,Jason,Hamakua,Brandon.

Thanks all for your commencts.

Good Trading

Greenie said...

Boris, Where do you think euro and pound are going in the next few days? Is it good time to reshort any of them?

G.

Greenie said...

My online brokerage (Ameriturd) went on a vacation right when you need them :((((

boris said...

Dear Greenie,
In my estimation the EURO will be hard to sell untill Sometime in February, perhaps mid Feb 2008. One can try, but it(EURO) will, most likely be choppy , sideways, higher tilting till then.

I could be wrong(:- , right?

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Greenie

Just logged on again to Ameritrade 2 acc. and its fine---maybe the computer

LAG

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Thanks

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Boris

I really like your timely updates this morning.

THX - LAG

boris said...

Dear Lag,
Enjoy.

GOod Trading

Greenie said...

they were down and back now...check the message on their front page.

Greenie said...

>In my estimation the EURO will be
>hard to sell untill Sometime in
>February, perhaps mid Feb 2008.

Boris, Are you saying Brutish pound is a better short here, if at all? My traling stops got hit last night and I got out with a small profit, but I am hungry again.

boris said...

Dear, Greenie,
I would not short Brutish Pound yet. If anything , it is better to short EURO than GBP for couple weeks.

GOod Trading

diesel said...

Congrats on your call on the SP500 eminis Boris. 1260 was very close to the bottom. What I would give to have a gift like yours!

boris said...

Dear Damien,

It was kind of an easy. I do not turst anything too much, you know... Even my own research and numbers. So, what I do is to look for confluence of facts that help me. Just like blind with a stick, the analogy , I use all the time.
All these "facts" , "feelings" are what I feel, smell, hear.

Actually I have stated 3 big reasons.

1. MDS would give a buy 6th or so day, it did
2. The (re)test happens on 8 th trading day, usually
3. 17 +0 1 trading day was an important cycle day. Considering MLK day in between this is really the day two after 17th.

YOu add to this all the APoints and intraday cycles and many things that I intuitively think about , but can not name them and you get me...

Appreciate the good words

Good Trading

Greenie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daveo said...

If the spx goes positive we could see the mother of all short squeezes. I'd like to see the yen move too, but this also says the carry trade may be coming off. I like that idea.

Great call on the es mini's Boris. I don't think I want to see a retest on Wednesday. That would really freak some people out.

Daveo

daveo said...

Dear Boris,
On 2nd thought, what do I know ?
Daveo

boris said...

Dear Dave,
No problem, we all like what we like(::)

NO crime in that.

Good Trading