Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanks For Being With Us

Dear Readers, The National SOPITALIST Casino is now closed for today. We did not trade, just spend 3/5% we made yesterday, theorized and honed our skills at statistics of the market and the understanding by the readers of the charts we publish. Is it a poetic justice or what for the market to have closed ( after aimless gyrations entire day) within 0.01% from where the statistics would give the average close( statistics +1.6, actual 1.50 at this point). If I told you this morning the story, I could only remember to tell after Dear Blaines asked a history question, that expectation was for the SPX to close +1.6 +-1.1 standard deviation, would you have believed? Well, see the analysis below.
Ok , and how about that $US Dollar ha... Yes, be warned though to not fall in love with the rising Dollar yet.

02:54 ET, JPY status 1,1,0,0,0 and that showed up in 40 point drop from 110.60 to 110.20 in last hour
04:28 ET, JPY status 1,1,0,0,1 some relief for JPY to perhaps go go higher ( drop in price), but this 5 min flip to buy has not much power beyond 25-30 min time frame

18 comments:

waldo said...

I follow another blog that plays the futures market and today he showed a massive head and shoulders on the spx. Right now the spx is building the right shoulder and the way it looks it should be done in about Boris and Mark's time frame if I am following them right.If I recall they are calling for a top around 12/8 and then a major turn. Please correct me if my date is wrong. The reason the ndx is stronger is that it is just now starting to build the right shoulder and he expects the ndx to pull the spx up to the 1490 area and the dow to 13,440 or so. Just my observation to pass on. waldo.

Unknown said...

I like the H&S idea, but it seems too easy. Way too easy. It could be a Sopitalist trap...

Boris, thanks for the analysis earlier. I'm looking to short the SPY when it hopefully tops soon.

boris said...

Dear Waldo , real close.
THE ROADMAP shows the top at around 2-3 DEC WHITE LINE and the YELLOW pushes it up a bit to 4-6 DEC. Considering the weekend right after, I think we are talking about nigligable differences between 8 and 6 DEC

Good Trading

Jason said...

Boris,

It looks like the USD/YEN is breaking up from a bullish wedge on the 60 min.
111.3 is the 38.2% retrace from the start of the last downtrend on 10/15.

Do you have any targets?

Jason

waldo said...

futures looks to be up quite a bit tonight, bernake gave some hints tonight in a speech he gave that they will probably cut rates again. By the time they get bush and bernake out of office this country and the dollar will be ruined. Waldo.

Jason said...

Waldo,
What makes you think that it isn't already?
Vicente Fox, ex-president of Mexico, has already said on national TV, Larry King Live, that Bush and himself have already agreed on a new currency for the "North American Union" called the "AMERO"
Jason

boris said...

Dear Jason,Waldo
Thanks. Looks to me like AMERO is even more conducive to faster depreciation. What is in the name ?

Of course, American PESO...

GOod Trading

Jason said...

Boris,

I think the HUGE multinational corps and large western governments are trying to make the whole world one large playground for them. I think the AMERO, similar to the EURO, will be their new funny money once they get done destroying the dollar. They will make the average Joe think he lost all his wealth in the USD and will regain it and everything will be better if he goes along with this AMERO TRASH!
Jason

Jason said...

Boris,

Futures for the US markets are pointing up while the USD is also up again in lock step. Have things changed that the USD and US markets have been moving in the same direction for a few days?
Jason

boris said...

Dear Jason,
Things are changing,but not yet.
You know our outlook for Dollar is some more downside 1-4% and the 3-5 weeks.

That has not changed.

And YEN is down that is that matters for markets.

Yen though could be turning.

GOod Trading

boris said...

What was bought/primed yesterday?

energy 1.000000
timber 1.000000
landtelco 1.000000
pipelines 1.000000
btk 0.800000
altenergy 0.750000
master_lps 0.692308
xng 0.666667
bondetfs 0.666667
oilsands 0.666667
cleanpower 0.666667
nano 0.600000
uraniums 0.600000
gold 0.500000
subprime 0.500000
currencies 0.500000
newspapers 0.500000
highyield 0.413793
REITS_Apartments 0.400000
yninety-new 0.372093
builders 0.333333
seniorloans 0.333333
REITS_Industrial 0.333333
sratio 0.253165
paulgroup 0.250000
REITS_Diversified 0.250000
water 0.200000
eldorados 0.200000
packaging 0.200000
REITS_HealthCare 0.200000
REITS_ComercialFinance 0.200000
exporters 0.166667
REITS_Mortgage 0.166667
alletfs 0.144330
reits 0.142857
dividendmachine 0.142857
dji 0.125000
REITS_LodgingResorts 0.111111
REITS_ShoppingCenters 0.111111
banks 0.076923
bdh 0.000000
etfs 0.000000
food 0.000000
china 0.000000
brazil 0.000000
pharma 0.000000
brokers 0.000000
generics 0.000000
mortgage 0.000000
shipping 0.000000
exchanges 0.000000
railroads 0.000000
titaniums 0.000000
basemetals 0.000000
mdcalinstr 0.000000
banksCanada 0.000000
REITS_Hybrid 0.000000
REITS_Office 0.000000
renewablefunds 0.000000
REITS_Specialty 0.000000
REITS_ManufHomes 0.000000
REITS_SelfStorage 0.000000
REITS_FreeStanding 0.000000
REITS_RegionalMalls 0.000000
REITS_IndustrialOffice 0.000000

Ivan said...

Good morning Boris/all,
my question to Boris: do you have an automated trading system (like Trading Station,...) or you input every order manualy? Whould you recomend us any trading platform?

Good trading
Ivan

boris said...

Dear Curaki,
Up to this point all my trading is done manually.

THere is too much info that I have to process and compare and feret out for me trust this to a computer , ( even if the computer is programmed by myself!).

But there are strategies ( mostly arbitrage strategies ) that are very automatable and automatic in terms of decision making.
Prifits being rasor thin though only people with a lot of money can make money in those strategies.

Regardless, I can not see why Tradstation can not be used for automation purposes, if you have a strategy that fits.

I have had this system for ages, now it is only version , but I still my private version , for which I payed $5000.00 ?!

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
and a good morning to you as well(: :)

GOod Trading

Ivan said...

Thanks.
I know you will publish limits later, but what is your 'feeling' for today: flat/up/down? Of course, if you have a time to aswer such a kind of question.

Regards

boris said...

Dear Curaki,
See today's main post.

GOod Trading

Ivan said...

Thanks Boris. I asked you this question only because I am trying to trade German DAX and a lot of actions happens before US open.
Regards

boris said...

Dear Curaki
Please do not hesitate to ask me for help if you have a strategy and you want to implement.

I can help you.

Good Trading