Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Limits

N QQQQ 50.50 - 50.82 ( 50.88,51,51.20, 51.42)
No volatility change will preserve numbers
N SPX 1429 - 1452

09:39 ET, I do not know what future brings( You are laughing(: :), but I really do not. So, I just pocketed 4% gains for one day on all my investments not bad, why wait a Year if I can do it in 1 day?.Now, this is me mixing the trader and INVESTOR. If I can make 5% in CD and add 4% in a day, I got 9% for a year for one days work. Now I call this efficiency, cause I can live on 9% a Year.

10:06 ET, YEN status unchanged 1,1,0,0,0
Did anybody watch AIG, at highest points yesterday and today it gained 11-12% HUH!

11:59 ET, DO not bet against YEN it is hard to play against today. The only real hard resistance now is at 110.40 110.60. Hopefully stops there.

12:40 ET, YEN status now still 1,1,0,0,0, Interesting that YEN could do so much damage while within the sell on all intraday oscillators. Daily and Weekly are overwhelming the intras at this time. But this could not last long time. In reality YEN did not appreciate too much from the 930 levels, but the timing is stretched

Grouptational observation, The stocks that lead initial surge ( financials et al.) are not the ones leading the midday rally, these are mostly tech as NASDAQ has gained the most from the early 10+ Am. Which is suggesting to me that the GROUPTATION is going on now to techs and NASDAQ is the one to watch for signs of weakness. Remember we thought that Nov30 - Dec3 time frame had rally written over it. So, while I certainly support taking profits , aggressive shorting here is not recommended even as it may turn out to be very profitable.

25 comments:

Jason said...

Blaine,
Nice call on Citi. Didn't respond much yesterday but is moving nicely today. I am looking for gap at 37.41 which will probably be close to 50 dma if it gets there. What is your target?

Jason

john said...

Boris,
believe or not , I actually saw it. i dont trade stocks just your qqqq recommendations.

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
This one was on my list, I could not belive this thing was YIELDING 3.7 %, highest that I can ever remember...

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,
I saw it on your list but out of town ( wife has arthritis ) and down in warm climate. Laptop time. also, feel more comfortable with your qqqq's until i get more experienced.
old john

Malcolm McIntyre said...

110 seems to have stopped yen boris?

Jason said...

Boris,

Looks like 110 didn't hold. Also looks like USD and US markets moving in tandem.

QQQQ hitting gap resistance at 51.39 and a down turned 50dma. I think todays highs are in.

Jason

mlytle said...

Hi Boris,
I just posted on the earlier thread, I have a bunch of new 1.0 nodes showing up on or about 1/08/07 + or - 1 day, what does your roadmap say for that time period?

Regards,
Mark L.

waldo said...

Boris, it looks like yen up against resistance at 110.20, is that right. If that is right it should put a cap on this stock rally. Am I seeing this right. thanks, waldo

boris said...

Dear Malcolm, Jason,
There is strong resistance around 110, but there are no guarantees in trading(: :).

I think max is 110.50 at least for today, but seems tired at 110.20 where there is also an intraday resistance.

Dear WALDO you are correct, but careful

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Mark, my answer in the previous post
Good Trading

Unknown said...

Jason,
Monday's Citi calls had too much volatility premium cooked in. Yesterday was the best entry. So, my call wasn't that good.

The 50 dma is around $41 and sloping down. So, $37.41 makes sense. However, a 50% retrace of the October high is $39.23. 62% retrace is at $41.56. There is also a big gap at $41.90. Those are the targets, but I doubt we will get there by year-end. That is a loooong way up.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
waldo said...

The market in a holding pattern today until beige book comes out at 2pm. waldo

john said...

Boris,
took final profits now.

thanx for everything

old john

mlytle said...

Boris,
I think you have a top scheduled for around the 6-7th of December, correct? I see now another overlapping .5 and 1.0 node on or about the 10th which is one or two trading days later..I think it's matching up pretty well with your system...

Mark L.

john said...

Mark L.
trading nodes?

old john
thanx

boris said...

Dear JOhn,
ENJOY ( NA ZDAROVIE)
Means In good health In RUSSIAN

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Mark,
I am not sure, I think it comes a bit early on the roadmap, like 3-7 Dec, but that is not far in trading days from 10.

Good Trading

mlytle said...

Hi John,
Those nodes are the decimal fractions you see on the trendline charts I provide for Boris...The .5 and 1.0 and 1.5 are the most important. If you look at the $SPX trendline chart posted this morning, you can se the right border at the bottom is almost at 1.00000...That is where stuff often happens..bottoms, tops, and sometimes accelerations in existing trends...

Mark L.

daveo said...

Out for this ride. Made 5% in the 401k. Thanks Boris and all. Daveo

Anonymous said...

Bought a few TWM few min. ago at 70.30's

low volume today--short cover ???

john said...

Mark L.
thanx
old john

Malcolm McIntyre said...

g'day boris. this is an interesting read by jeff saut at minyanville:
http://www.minyanville.com/articles/djia-transports-SP-DJTA-gre/index/a/14994

any problems with that link - like, the intermittent failure of (longer) pasted links to post correctly - use
http://tinyurl.com/3xeyb8

given your $US forecast and the fact the fed seems to be laying the groundwork for further interest rate cuts, do you see scenario 4 as the most likely?

regards
malcolm

PS: another thing i've learned because of your site boris: how to create tiny url's... :^)

boris said...

Dear Dave,
ENJOY ( NA ZDAROVIE)

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Malcolm,
I am not sure I want to fit into any of the sceanrios outlined in that article.

We stand for Dollar to turn and that must mean that there is something positive coming for US stock market, or $USDollar will not turn.

What is that?

Well, How about YEN, by it going lower the world speculation , growth reignites. YEN is far more important than the DOLLAR. I often said , do you want to know what is up look at MR YEN not MR DOllar

Lower YEN into and stronger DOLLAR towords the end of the 2009 may actually produce the RECESSION everybody is looking for for last 2 years, but we will cross that bridge later.

Of course, what I said implies that INterest rates rise later in 2008.

Good Trading