Friday, January 05, 2007

Group Pressures

Dear Readers, Below are areas with various market pressures. anything above 1 means positive pressure and below 1 negative pressure. More important, though is to see the chart of these as days go buy and compare relative values. Good Trading
altenergy 1.7
banks 4.0
brokers 4.0
china 1.0
dow 0.6
etfs 4.5
gold 1.5
mastr_lps 1.0
nano 1.0
pipelines 0.5
uraniums 0.0

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanx for that, Boris..

so any brokers stocks come to mind specifically at this point?

boris said...

Dear DXB I do not like any of these due to the general market outlook, but that is what the system comes up with.

AMTD BUY
BSC BUY
MER BUY
GS BUY
SCHW SELL
Good Tradeing

Anonymous said...

cheers Boris,

gold futures plunges today

boris said...

Dear Dxb, so is the GLD.
You remember we came out of gold pretty much at the top around 13 Nov. Not bad Ha.. We could be buyers today. Stay tuned
Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Readers, it looks like the banks and especially brokers are holding better than anything else at this point.
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Hi Boris,
Stepping aside here feels right.
Wish I had the experience to play the volatility correct...in time.

I am shopping the shelves for a bank and that would be either wfc
or bac, what is your opinion on this.

I also like MDT or STJ in med sector but I do not like how STJ is taking it in the shorts today but...

I would also appreciate your opinion on these two med eq issues.

Thanks again...

boris said...

Dear Byzanman.
Be careful with banls. we could be selling BKX around 120 ( you remember, we like to "rob" the banks". Strenght shown in buy/sell ratio is temporary in my mind. Go day buy day BAC,WFC display buy opportunity, provided they behave positively intraday ( Green BAr).
Check with me again for the status. I myself would not buy them. That is just my opinion.

STJ,MDT STJ is a buy opportunity and MDT is HOLD if you bought it already. I would do with STJ with what I would do with the banks, wait for a retrace. With STJ if it behaves strong intraday buy it. I am more positive about this gruop anyway. Check with me again, daily if you do something and need status update.
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Thank you Boris,
Ack on the banks...They do need
a little fleecing, and once again
just to eager to do it.

STJ and MDT, I like STJ more only because of the fact that it is far more undervalued than MDT. And also the fact it was rumored last summer of the subject of M&A target. But this will not be the point of an entry. STJ has had a spike down over the last two weeks while MDT is holding steady and I found that interesting.

My head is spinning with commodities (gold and oil) and I find myself at odds with qqqq in the short term. I am tempted to hold on to my qqqq over the weekend but may be to risky at this point.

Thanks as always for your valued input.

boris said...

Dear Byzanman, You tell me you are long QQQQ's right. I would not recommend to stay that way. I could be wrong, but wind is blowing in the wrong direction for longs. I wish, I could hang on my shorts from yesterday
Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Dear Boris, I am sorry for the lack of specificity on my comment.
I hold a small position in qqqq Feb Puts. My debate is to hold on to them and add another put or sell and wait for next week.

STJ is showing further weakness and
now the qqqq is starting to show a bounce.....

boris said...

Ok Dear Byzanman. I am OK with QQQQ puts as long as you are not overexposed.
Good Trading