Monday, December 03, 2007

Thanks For Being With Us


Dear Readers The National SOPITALIST Casino is now closed for today and the Wall Street ( WELFARE STATE ) is gone to burbs to count money they screwed ordinary citizens out of. We did not officially trade, but some of of our members have made money simply buying the Low Limit and Selling High Limit ( Ce Bueno). I always read in the books that one must do that, but never understood exactly how. Nobody, exactly , seemed to know where the HIGH and LOW were?!. Well... OK, now you know or can ask Dear John more questions about how is this done. Dollar and Metals seem to have moved where we thought they would. What else is new... Yeah, we are still on the SELL signal even if not officially short.
I shell use this opportunity to express our gratitude for Dear Ivan(Curaki) work on the Oscillators. He has made it simpler and less time consuming to update and also provided the place to which we can link. Thank You Ivan

4:00 ET, YEN status 1,1,0,1,0 conducive to short term lower quote ( higher YEN) So far Stock Market Futures reflect that.
5:22 ET, YEN status 1,1,0,1,1 more chance for a bit of a bounce in quote(lower YEN, but do not hold your breath, the hourly 0 has been dominant for so long in YEN trend, until it flips there may not be much of a chance for YEN to go lower in price)
06:30 ET, YEN status 1,1,0,1,1 this hourly sell quote( BUY YEN) is proving as a very powerful signal that keep YEN rising, still awaiting for it to flip... Meanwhile dollar is under renewed attack from all sides EURO, Metals and JPY and OIL and what not?

21 comments:

Ivan said...

Hi Boris/All,
probably I will have a time tomorrow to add a couple more graphs in groups file. Could you write here what are the most interesting groups for you?
Regards

VOLTAIRE said...

OK, I'll bite.

John or Boris.

I presume your buy/sell limits are not the standard pivot point calculations.

Is it something I can calculate or do you wish to keep that information secret.

Becuase my time zone is opposite yours, the numbers aren't available in my waking hours and it would be handy to know them earlier so I can set some stops etc.

john said...

Voltaire,
Please ask Boris. I am totally new to this. Started watching the Blog a few months ago and Boris took me under his wing. Have no real experience, I am retired and 61 years old. I wrote Boris a few times with my background as I am not technical minded at all.

I live by the limits. Every so often they are violated and I have enough discpline to bail out and lose some small change.

Because I am on fixed income, I only play with a relatively small sum of money ( for a trader).

I have no idea how Boris gets the limits. I stick with them.

I give all credit to Boris for his limits. I also give credit to Mark l. , curaki , sqroot ( and all others if I did not mention)_ I have learned a tremendous amount of technical know how because of the participants on this board.

By the way, more important than the limits- the Yellow Brick Road. I use it for my 457 account.
I apologize for the length of this post.
Old John

VOLTAIRE said...

John

Thanks for you detailed reply.

Malcolm McIntyre said...

g'day boris and all. the advice below concerns media appearances thursday by charles nenner (www.charlesnenner.com). he will be worth catching.

"Monthly Cycles on the US 30 Year Bond YIELDS show a low in yields around 4.3%, by the end of 2007

"This chart, among others, and the ramifications thereto, will be discussed on CNBC, Bloomberg TV, and Bloomberg Radio, this coming Thursday, December 6, 2007

"We will confirm times by Wednesday, but, for now, our targets are 6:50 AM, for CNBC, 1:45 PM for Bloomberg TV, and 2:10 PM for Bloomberg Radio, all Eastern Standard Time!"

presumably these appearances will be recoverable subsequently through the cnbc & bloomberg web sites. maybe the first among us to locate them could provide a link or links here for everyone else :^)

regards
malcolm

VOLTAIRE said...

Malcolmm

Just had a look at Nenner and boy did he stuff up in July.

On 12th July he said US equity markets are within 2 days of a great buy.

Maybe he meant to say sell!

boris said...

Dear Voltire, these limits are not knowable before the markets open. They are the combo of pervious info and intraday info.

Yes they are not pivot points.

I apologize for not being able to disclose the secret formula.

Good Trading Dear Voltaire.

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
for starters we can have the most basic of these.

SPX500 have already
NASDAQ100 Have already
GOLD
CURRENCIES
ENERGY


Later we can add
Brokers
Banks
etc...

boris said...

Dear Ivan,

Sorry fast fingers, missed to thank you for your work.

Good Trading

boris said...

No Problem, Dear Malcolm.
Whoever finds the info should share.

I kind of agree with the ideas that Interest rates are near local bottom, cause I think they will , most likely be lower by the mid year 2008.

I am alsways interested what others say. I must admit , I do not know this guy nenner, hopefully his is good, Dear Voltire does not think so. I do not alwasy agree with Dear Voltire, but mostly do... So, we shell see.

Good Trading

Malcolm McIntyre said...

dear voltaire, you are certainly right about nenner in mid-july, but on other occasions he has been accurate. the reason for giving the web site address was to help people make their own assessments with as much information as possible.

the other thing is, whatever assessment someone makes of nenner's forecasts, it can be useful to know what information others in the market might be acting on. nenner has some big clients, including at least some of the devil's henchmen.

of course, a particular forecast does not necessarily indicate which direction the henchmen might be acting in (witness goldman sach's continuing marketing of derivative products to clients while they were shorting the same products on their own behalf).

i hesitated to add any caveats in the initial post, because i assume a certain level of caution among the audience here and the sophistication to understand that everything that's not from boris (who specifies his own caveats when he feels they're necessary) comes with an unspoken caveat.

there would be few geniuses on boris's level, but since you were kind enough to declare your own genius when you first arrived at this site maybe you could agree that there is something useful even in the lower levels.

on the evidence available i would rate nenner's genius somewhere between boris's and yours. then again, perhaps you're holding something in reserve?

one of the great things about this blog - apart from the obvious attraction of unmatchable trading information and guidance - is the goodwill evident when everyone makes their various contributions. all those nationalities conversing on the web in english, which for many is a second language, and yet the brotherly (please feel included, any sisters whose presence is undeclared!) feeling shines through.

even so, sometimes when a second language is involved there can be misunderstandings. it would disappoint me if there was any misunderstanding between us. so just checking: is australian english your first language and the nom de plume "voltaire" a flag alerting us to prodigious wit, or perhaps a desire for social reform? or does "voltaire" indicate some exotic provenance and english as a second language?

let me know if anything i have said is unclear. you can email me at malcolmm@gil.com.au if you prefer privacy for any discussion not immediately related to markets.

good luck and good trading
malcolm

boris said...

Dear Malcolm, Voltire,

I value you both for your contributions, It has been pretty good. Malcolm has a more of an informational approach to things and likes diversity of opinions, which is commandable, cause that is the way people can differenciate by comparison.

I had and will welcom any opionons and posts discussing other observers of ths stock market. I chose to often follow up on them if/when I have time( god knows there is not much of that in my life).

At the same time I understand a selfreliant style of Voltire as he somewhat like me, believes that he knows enough to have a little need of opinions ( especially from people who he remembers to have not excelled to his satisfaction). Such is world, that is the diversity of people and diversity of opinions, I was very diversified in information searching when I was not producing much of mine.

So, what I say is that there is perfect place to Malcolms and Voltires and Boris's and John's in this world we all think and operate differently.

This should not prevent for us to exchange opnions here without any limits.

As you can see I have never stopped anybody referring to other sites and their forecasts and opnions.

If we lack that sort of a strength to hear others opinions then we are doomed.

I know and hope that is not the case here.

I want to encourage and continue peoople to bring information and people to respond to them.

THat is wonderful, that helsp all of us like the sign posts. I may not read Nenner, but by other peoples reaction I learn quicker about who he is, cause I knoe you guys and the way yuo think and from there I infer things.

This is great.

Do not stop communicating and do not stop cricising, and please send some frikin criticism about me... I am getting bored to be refered as a genious when I am just as usual mortal as you all are

Love you guys(: :)

GOod Trading

VOLTAIRE said...

Malcolmm

Very good and I can only laugh with you.

If I did declare myself as a genius then I must have been drunk or delusional although I don't recall expressing that opinion of myself.

Perhaps I didn't balance my thoughts on Nenner.

I think every original thought is worthy of serious consideration and we know all are fallible.

As such it appears Nenner does have a serious claim to both originality and some great calls.

In fact like him I have a great interest in cycles of various types although sunspots is not one although I have heard them discussed elsewhere.

The Voltaire name has multiple reasons.

Both my grandfather and his son(my uncle) were named Voltaire and my research of the name finds me sharing the French Voltaire philsophy.

That side of my family were socialists and even helped found a uptopian colony in Paraquay a long time ago.

I appreciate your input because I am always eager to learn.

It is great to have others like youself contributing useful ideas.

No hard feelings and forgive me if I was not sensitive in my reply.

I find that the problem with written communication. The words are there but not the emotion.

In my third reincarnation I think I will equal Boris but in the meantime I will struggle like most wannabes.

boris said...

Dear Voltire,
Response worthy of a good man I thought you are.

Bravo my dear friend.

We all have limitations and fears and we all lack that ability to express exactly what the hell we want out of ourselves and others around us.

But you both keep giving and that tells me all I need to know about how good people you both are.

Good Trading

Malcolm McIntyre said...

well done voltaire. i am smiling. what a good result, because of your humour.

boris said...

Dear Readers,Malcolm
I noticed that For Malcolm ENGLISH language is a precision tool ( it must be he is a journalist) for usual mortals like me it is a way to "frikin" get my thoughts out on the paper before I forget them...

And if meantime I formulated that sentence in RUSSIAN whil thinking GEORGIAN ( worse yet HEBREW) and wrote in ENGLISH, that is why so often you need a translator(: :) to understand what the hell I write.

But you see that is a difference in styles more than knowledge. If I want to I can write pretty understandable ENGLISH, but I can not spend time on the form I am all consumed with substance...

Not that Malcolm is not concerned with subnstance, but it is a matter of emphasis and that is the way it is.

That is why I love this diversity of opinions and styles, afterwhile I can read in between the lines of what people write.

Well I mastered that in OLD USSR where you had to read in between the lines, cause there were so few lines!

ON the other hand in the western world we face totally different dillema. We are given so many lines that go figure where the real ones are?

Well, that is all about this little phylosiphical muzing of mine for today.

Good Trading

VOLTAIRE said...

Well that is interesting .

So Malcolmm is a journalist in my country Australia.

Not only that but my grandfather was the editor of Australia's major newspapers in his day (as well as a poltician and many other things) and my uncle (both named Voltaire) was a academic and a writer of many books from logic to SciFi, president of Australian film, scifi and ham radio organisations.

You can tell a man who likes to write and knows how to use words and Malcolmm is one.

I think we might become great mates.

john said...

Boris,

Good morning

old john

boris said...

Good Morning Dear John,

Good Trading

daveo said...

Dear Boris, I missed quite the discussion last night. My wife thinks I'm a genius, but I'm smart enough to know better. I'm also smart enough not to correct her opinions : )
Short ES since Friday's opening surge. Looking to close out the trade Friday/Monday.
This year has been a struggle learning to manage leverage and risk. It has been a wild ride. Thanks again for sharing,
Daveo

boris said...

Dear Dave,
You are genious, Of course, you are. If it is doing something yourself or finding somebody half good enough to help you do what is it you want to do is what can be called genious. Lot of peple are not rocket scientists but they have made in life. Their genious is is in looking at things, however simple, and figuring out how can they prosper from it using the methods others have used before.

Now, I only have the geniuos, it seems , to get into frikin complicated things and try to get out then, but that is the way it is.

You have found the combination of brains yours and ANTI-SOPITALISTS to supply you what you need to be succesful. That is genious. Bleieve me and enjoy

Happy upcoming new years and as they say in GEORGIA " this is first and more to come"

GOod Trading