look at the difference between the price of the jan 74 puts on IWM and the jan 84 calls... both options basically five bucks out of the money... yet the 74 puts are 60 cents and the 84 calls are only 17 cents...
sounds like the option writers would much rather have you go long than short until january expiration
Dear Lag, SDEW is the SKEW, not matter who sees it, but it also depends on the volume at that price, if only one or two options then this is just a SCAM...
This has got to be the lowest volume day of the year.Boris, from time to time I get some really good stock breakouts, would you mind if I post them here? waldo.
21 comments:
A thought from another blog---
look at the difference between the price of the jan 74 puts on IWM and the jan 84 calls... both options basically five bucks out of the money... yet the 74 puts are 60 cents and the 84 calls are only 17 cents...
sounds like the option writers would much rather have you go long than short until january expiration
Dear Lag,
Agree this is a large SKEW.
GOod Trading
Boris---
Dont want anyone to think I totaly agree with his statement -- maybe just that many may be buying puts here to raise price.
Mainly wanted to show price diff.
Dear Lag, SDEW is the SKEW, not matter who sees it, but it also depends on the volume at that price, if only one or two options then this is just a SCAM...
Good Trading
new lows--this stinks again
NYSE---------NASDAQ
Advancing Issues 1777 (53%) 1895 (60%)
Declining Issues 1434 (43%) 1130 (35%)
Unchanged Issues 86 (2%) 119 (3%)
Total Issues 3297 3144
Up Volume 747 M (55%) 1490 M (75%)
Down Volume 589 M (43%) 458 M (23%)
Unchanged Volume 21 M (1%) 21 M (1%)
Total Volume 1,358,110,000 1,969,560,000
New Highs 43 47
New Lows 308 245
The reason the difference in the put and call prices probably has more to do with the ex dividend data that any thing else.
John B
Dear John,
Reasonable assumption, but dividend on this index so small...
1%
Still could be. I am not into numbers at this point.
Good Trading
dumped some srs for small $$$
sold more srs--gone now
Dear legscrew, those new low numbers of yours do not match other vendors (stockcharts or yahoo, both of which update real time). Which one is correct?
Dear Greenie, Lag,
I think lag takes it from the link given here "see freerealtime' link on our page.
Good Trading
Boris,
Here is answer on your question about translate your website in many languages if you wish
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html
Enjoy,
Alexander
Dear Alexander,
I will look at this.
Thanks a lot for information.
let you know what I think
Good Trading
This has got to be the lowest volume day of the year.Boris, from time to time I get some really good stock breakouts, would you mind if I post them here? waldo.
Dear Waldo,
Go ahead, Please help yourself and our Readers.
I think though, it would be nice if you could provide, some rational, technical and/or fundamental. As well as disclaimers(: :)
Good Luck and Good Trading
Boris,
Back this afternoon after a short hiatus. According to YBR, friday or so should be it.
old john
Dear John,
Welcome back.
Yeah, I think the early Jan falls in the same time frame as well.
Good trading
The post on new lows ect is wrong--part of the page with my info here doesnt seem to be updating
Been gone part of the morning--sorry I didnt catch that
Dear Lag,
Thanks for correction.
Good Trading
Well, I decided to lock-in my profits and cash out of GDX today.
Didn't feel like trading the Durable Goods report tomorrow.
Will be keeping a close eye on the YBR and other pieces of info I'll share over the next days to start building a short position.
Cheers!
Dear Samg ENJOY.
Good To take profits.
good Trading
Post a Comment