PCratio has done its job upto now, it has caused the market decline almst 6 % from the top, but it remains to see if it persists pushing the market lower.
Dear Boris...Oil tanked yesterday but sterling didn't...eur/franc also were tough...Yen strong...Metals flat....Just a bad day for the buck...Things seems to be turning for the worst...What does the intelligent speculator do here?
Dear Xerxes, I was hoping you would answer that question for all of us.
But let me remind you.
Highest intelligence and investor can display is to see MUDD and get away from it. Do nothing , stand aside, and if one must do someting then do it in the direction of the longer term trends.
That is why I give you and others the longer term projections ( one year and more subscribers got 1 year Dollar projection. ) , which in my humble opinion are the worth the gold of the paper they are printed on(:-
( considering on the computer its all digits I could not say it differently(:- )
OK, Dear Xerxes, WE ARE IN THE MUDD and stay out or take a longer term trades and go to the beach
Good Trading Dear Xerxes I know it is interesting to play intraday game, I love it too, but there all you can is try to look through the MUDD via APs. In a very think market, sometimes, nothing works, One should know those markets when one sees them.
John you made a statement above "EURO/USD kind of halted stock market rally yesterday as expected". I am trying to learn about intermarket relationships, particularly currencies, and was wondering why it was "expected". Appreciate anyones comment. Thanks, Phil
Dear Phil, I presume that Dear John, is will answer later, he must be busy.
Here is what I think he meant. And here is What I think is important for you to consider.
In general, there is a inverse relationshhip between the Dollar And Stocks market. That is not always true, but it is very true at this time as Dollar is considered alternative to any kind of investments outside of USA by USA investors( institutions + individuals).
So, that is what Dear John was addressing with this post.
Now, please do not take this relationsip either lastring forever or lasting constatntly within short terms of period. Or even proportional when it is in force.
Remember that Dollar is just another ASSET to invest in. But ,naturally, due to the Status of reverve currency, the Dollar stands, in general opposite to most/all other currency investments and Metals and Oil invesing.
So, at the basic level, one can devide world as DOLLAR ANTIDOLLAR world ( where ANTIDOLLAR IS everything else, including other currencies).
Then of course, if/when Money is coming out of the dollar, the question where is it going? That is a very complex question and that is what we try to answer with various ASSET GRAPHS every day. These Graphs show us where is the money/Dollars , most likely, to go. GOLD , OIL, STOCKS, BONDS ?
That is why you have seen in last 7-8 months we have invested in
GOLD-OIL spread OIL-FOLS spread UNG-USO spread etc.
Assentially every investment is really a spread.
When we buy GOLD ( as Americans) we do a spread
GOLD-DOLLAR spread when EUROPEANS buy gold they do
GOLD-EURO spread
ETc.
In realisty there are as many pairs as there are assets.
When Israeli inests in Dollars he/she is doing spread
Phil, Boris explained it better than I could. Sometimes I either day trade or swing trade qqqq or spy - very small lots as I am retired. Use the money to take wife out, visit Boris in LA or whatever. But what I have learned from Boris, when doing that, watch the currencies. If all of sudden the stocks are seeming to get weak and the currencies have turned against you. I get out. Or the opposite is true. I Use the APs and keep a close eye on currencies. Just another tool
YOu know it is funny when you think about this. Obama convinced J6Ps that shorting is evil speculators. If you take it a step further would it not mean that shorting the dollar is very unpatriotic and evil speculation? You will never see Obama say those thing because they need a weak dollar to help the sopitalists. So when you are doing a patriotic thing such as buying dollar you are "unpatriotic" because you are causing stress on the economy. Twisted isn't it?
Dear Boris and John, Thanks for the explanations. The example of viewing everything as a "spread" is very helpful. It wraps my little mind around that concept and forces me to examine each move. Thanks from a very "OLD" guy. Phil
From the 1930s: At th end of sny prolonged Bull Campain, there is usually a large increase in volume of sales, which marks the end of the campain, at least temporarily. Then, after a sharp decline on heavy volume, when a secondary rally takes place and the volume decteases, it is an idication of the final top and the main trend will turn down. W.D. Gann
Dear John, Would not that Canary be incredible to do two times , to lead everything at the bottom , as well as, top? That would be somethng Good Trading Dear John
40 comments:
Did we just form a tweezer top or are we gonna gun for the AP Dear Boris on eurusd?
Bloomberg's Economic Calendar is empty today Dear Boris..,.
Dear Xerxes,
Range is saw small,
It is not worth to be excited.
Take a long(er) term view and play that game.
Good Trading Dear Xerxes
It wasn't a tweezer Dear Boris...AP's rule :-)
Dear Boris,
Good morning.
Good day.
I wish you a wonderful weekend:)!
Bert
Dear Bert,
Very Good Morning to you
My very Dear Friend.
Same Best wishes for you this weekend
Good Trading
Boris,
good morning
euro/usd kind of halted stock market rally yesterday as expected.
old john
Good Monring Dear John
Good Trading My Ver Dear Friend
Yes, the question is does it have strenght to do the same today.
Dear Subscribes
EMINI113 is on its way out
Good Trading
looks like black is the winnimg color today Dear Boris...
Dear Xerxes,
Under all circumstances,
I claim to be color blind(:-
GOod Trading
dEAR fREIND xERXES
Now, why don't I believe that, Dear Boris :-)
Dear Boris...USS took a turn for the worse...marching towards 4th hr/5min
EURUSD is tough Dear Boris. Everywhere you turn there are sellers of the buck..
Dear Boris...check it out...
$165 billion in Treasuries for sale next week...
$31 billion in 3-month bills
$30 billion in 6-month bills
$40 billion in 2-year notes
$37 billion in 5-year notes
$27 billion in 7-year notes
Annualized this is $8.58 trillion dollars....Just like Chubby Checker sang in the song "Limbo Rock"....How low can the US Dollar go!
Dear Xerxes,
Thanks a lot,
Dear Readers, I am out for a walk, for an hour os so.
I shall be back soon.
GOod Trading
Boris,
at least an hour a day'
old john
So even, the Weaker Dollar is not helping the Market?
Good Trading
Dear John,
Thanks for your advise
My Dear Doctor/Example/Friend
Yes, I need to walk, it does wonders for my brains(:-
Good Trading
Boris,
As you know, I work 5 days a week.
old john
All The power to You
My Dear Friend John
Have a good week-end all
Dear Boris...Oil tanked yesterday but sterling didn't...eur/franc also were tough...Yen strong...Metals flat....Just a bad day for the buck...Things seems to be turning for the worst...What does the intelligent speculator do here?
Dear Xerxes,
I was hoping you would answer that question for all of us.
But let me remind you.
Highest intelligence and investor can display is to see MUDD and get away from it. Do nothing , stand aside, and if one must do someting then do it in the direction of the longer term trends.
That is why I give you and others the longer term projections ( one year and more subscribers got 1 year Dollar projection. ) , which in my humble opinion are the worth the gold of the paper they are printed on(:-
( considering on the computer its all digits I could not say it differently(:- )
OK, Dear Xerxes,
WE ARE IN THE MUDD and stay out or take a longer term trades and go to the beach
Good Trading Dear Xerxes
I know it is interesting to play intraday game, I love it too, but there all you can is try to look through the MUDD via APs.
In a very think market, sometimes, nothing works, One should know those markets when one sees them.
I should have said in the thin and directionless markets, because somtimes the thin markets trend as well..
Good Trading
Dear Hopper,
Good Trading to you
My Dear Friend
John you made a statement above "EURO/USD kind of halted stock market rally yesterday as expected". I am trying to learn about intermarket relationships, particularly currencies, and was wondering why it was "expected". Appreciate anyones comment.
Thanks,
Phil
Dear Phil,
I presume that Dear John, is will answer later, he must be busy.
Here is what I think he meant. And here is What I think is important for you to consider.
In general, there is a inverse relationshhip between the Dollar And Stocks market. That is not always true, but it is very true at this time as Dollar is considered alternative to any kind of investments outside of USA by USA investors( institutions + individuals).
So, that is what Dear John was addressing with this post.
Now, please do not take this relationsip either lastring forever or lasting constatntly within short terms of period. Or even proportional when it is in force.
Remember that Dollar is just another ASSET to invest in. But ,naturally, due to the Status of reverve currency, the Dollar stands, in general opposite to most/all other currency investments and Metals and Oil invesing.
So, at the basic level, one can devide world as DOLLAR ANTIDOLLAR world ( where ANTIDOLLAR IS everything else, including other currencies).
Then of course, if/when Money is coming out of the dollar, the question where is it going?
That is a very complex question and that is what we try to answer with various ASSET GRAPHS every day. These Graphs show us where is the money/Dollars , most likely, to go. GOLD , OIL, STOCKS, BONDS ?
That is why you have seen in last 7-8 months we have invested in
GOLD-OIL spread
OIL-FOLS spread
UNG-USO spread
etc.
Assentially every investment is really a spread.
When we buy GOLD ( as Americans) we do a spread
GOLD-DOLLAR spread
when EUROPEANS buy gold they do
GOLD-EURO spread
ETc.
In realisty there are as many pairs as there are assets.
When Israeli inests in Dollars he/she is doing spread
USD-SHEKEL ( buy USd sell SHEKEL - israeli currency)
ETc.
So, understanding the relationships between of all these pair movements is important and that is your question
I hope I have given you flavor of what JOHN may have meant with his post.
Good Trading Dear Phil
Phil,
Boris explained it better than I could. Sometimes I either day trade or swing trade qqqq or spy - very small lots as I am retired. Use the money to take wife out, visit Boris in LA or whatever.
But what I have learned from Boris, when doing that, watch the currencies. If all of sudden the stocks are seeming to get weak and the currencies have turned against you. I get out. Or the opposite is true. I Use the APs and keep a close eye on currencies. Just another tool
old john
Dear John
Thank you My Very Dear Friend
Good Trading to you
Everyone,
YOu know it is funny when you think about this. Obama convinced J6Ps that shorting is evil speculators. If you take it a step further would it not mean that shorting the dollar is very unpatriotic and evil speculation? You will never see Obama say those thing because they need a weak dollar to help the sopitalists. So when you are doing a patriotic thing such as buying dollar you are "unpatriotic" because you are causing stress on the economy. Twisted isn't it?
Good trading dear friend,
Michael
Dear Boris and John,
Thanks for the explanations. The example of viewing everything as a "spread" is very helpful. It wraps my little mind around that concept and forces me to examine each move.
Thanks from a very "OLD" guy.
Phil
Hi Boris,
From the 1930s:
At th end of sny prolonged Bull Campain, there is usually a large increase in volume of sales, which marks the end of the campain, at least temporarily. Then, after a sharp decline on heavy volume, when a secondary rally takes place and the volume decteases, it is an idication of the final top and the main trend will turn down.
W.D. Gann
Dear Hopper,
Thanks for you post.
GOod Trading Dear Friend
Boris,
Like the new graphics.
old john
Boris,
Like the new graphics.
old john
Dear John,
Thanks My Very Dear Friend
Good Trading Dear Joh
Boris,
read the big picture, thank you. For me the most important is the chart of the possible canary. I have to keep that in my mind when trading
old john
Dear John,
Would not that Canary be incredible to do two times , to lead everything at the bottom , as well as, top?
That would be somethng
Good Trading Dear John
Boris,
It would be something, I will be watching along with the currencies.
old john
Post a Comment