Monday, February 25, 2008

Thanks For Being With Us

Please see GROUPTATION LINK. Start you morning there.
Dear Readers The National SOPITALIST Casino will soon be closed for today and the Wall Street ( WELFARE STATE ) will go to burbs to count money they screwed ordinary citizens out of. I traded a bit today. Closed some of the things that were not moving fast enough on the upside. Trimmed some MUNIS, have chunks left. So, got rid of about 6% to come down to 27% invested in stocks. We could get MDS sell tomorrow.

05:40 ET, MDS stays in BUY, but in the swing to reach sell perhaps today

Dear Reders, see John's comment and my response. If you learn nothing, but this simple truth about trading, investment or whatever you come to us for, you will end up rich. To paraphrase John's idea, "PESSIMISTS make money in trading, OPTIMISTS make money and only PIGS lose". That is the reason why you see me go ballistic when I hear that one of our members lost money and he/she is down on it. Come on, play small(to your capital) amounts and right system and that is all to it!
Anybody who reads the above, should have the answer to the question "why is not Boris super rich"?????????? Cause my dear friends, I crawl, do not run!

07:32 ET, watch the GOLD, it is down about $5 but was down $10 this morning. If it can manage a rally on top of 954(I doubt) it could go

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bois

the S&P futures is running about a point under spy--that is a negatve for a market to be moving up

boris said...

Dear Lag,
I hear you my friend.
I will be all for market to take dive into next week. I am ready for it(:-

GOod Trading

Ivan said...

Morning Boris,
any change in MDS?
Thanks, Ivan

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
Computers are still working on the info. ASAP I am delivering it.

GOod Trading

Ivan said...

Dear Boris, thanks.
Please do not overheat the computers...
Regards, Ivan

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
I need overheated computers. Some of ther are getting too old to do this job(:-

Good Trading

Ivan said...

Dear Boris,
you should trust more to MDS. Than you could change all your old computers :)!
My dream is to have fully automated trading system in next 5-10 years. We humans bring emotions to trading, that's not good for our pockets.
Good trading

boris said...

Dear Ivan,
You are so correct,
First thing I should do is junk my own human being. Cause I am a problem, it looks like, not a solution. I can not even follow my own system...

What can I say...

When you are right, you are right...

Remember to MDS has no heart, and does not care about people, and I am just to scared that one day MDS could be so wrong and it would ruin myself and all Dear readers.

See what happened to all those models calculating CDO's and CDS's and CLO's and MBS's...

While they worked...

I digress though. There is nothing in MDS that could go wrong that way?

In short , you are right

GOod trading

john said...

Boris,

Good morning, more snow. As for MDS, even if it made a terrible mistake, if you stay small ( meaning lots) you will always stay in business.

old john

boris said...

Dear JOhn,

Gold Words...

You are absolutely right my Dear Friend.

I called that a theory of "playing rich" while you may not be!

That is you are rich enough to withstand whateve maximum losses the MDS has seen so far.

You can measure it absolutely or percent wise.

BIggest drawdown was 90points that is 7% or so. That just sais in Dear John's terminology that if you can afford to risk 7% of something( or say conservatively of some amount) then you are playing the market as if "YOU ARE RICH"...

So, you have $1000 dollars to risk. Big deal if you can risk $100 out of it on a single trade (actually MDS never lost 7% , but the drawdown was/paperloss was that much) you have nothing to worry and you would now have had $8300 in 20months

Very good Dear John. I new I had a smart person the day you joind ANTI-SOPITALIST...

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

Not smart, just been around the block a few times.

old john

Jason said...

Boris,
Thanks for the intraday APs. The 2nd AP was hit within .01. Made some nice change yesterday evening.

Thanks!
Jason

boris said...

Dear JOhn,
That is what I mean.
That takes time and observation is important, cause lot of people have been around the block have not seen the light(:-

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Jason,
Please Enjoy!

Nothing makes me happier than, to see the astonishment on peoples faces( or imagine, if I am not there) when they see the AP's hit with such regularity and precision.
YOu start believing that markets are made!

Good Trading

Wanderer said...

Dear Boris,
Thanks & good morning.
Good trading to you.

Bert

boris said...

Dear Bert,
Great morning to you.

GOod Trading

john said...

Lag,

Good Call on the SRS

old john