Thursday, February 14, 2008

Please Visit GROUPTATION link for ASSET picture

Dear Readers The National SOPITALIST Casino will soon be closed for today and the Wall Street ( WELFARE STATE ) will go to burbs to count money they screwed ordinary citizens out of. We did not trade today, cause perhaps I still need some more recovery time to be in market fighting shape. So, we let the short go. Dear Greenie, Lag and John reported to have shorted profitably. In any case MDS did not leave too much for questions... It is on SELL

15:54 ET, please note market stops at 4th exactly! and bounce at 14:40ET was also at the same place!

Dear READERS, MDS email cutover date will come sometime within 30 days from now. There will be no emails send till then and please come here to see how our beloved MDS is doing until the cutover to be announced.

30 comments:

Greenie said...

Dear Boris, dear friends,

The markets will go below Jan lows in a week. Yes, you heard it right. We are going way south.....y vamanos rapido.

Best,
G.

Anonymous said...

% rates way up today-- Municipal bonds sparked a fire

Anonymous said...

GREENIE

I am looking to short if we get a pop tomorrow

boris said...

Dear Greenie,
It would not surprise me, cause this is what YBR said long time ago, but I must say that meandering lower towards those lows is a viable alternative for me. I would say 50/50 that it would not break it and stays close above but close to those lows into April.

It is all game anyway, So I named my probabilities... What really counts is what MDS and resto of the STOCKS MARKET SYSTEM GANG says. How am I to argue with the machine(:-

GOod Trading

boris said...

Dear Greenie,
It would not surprise me, cause this is what YBR said long time ago, but I must say that meandering lower towards those lows is a viable alternative for me. I would say 50/50 that it would not break it and stays close above but close to those lows into April.

It is all game anyway, So I named my probabilities... What really counts is what MDS and resto of the STOCKS MARKET SYSTEM GANG says. How am I to argue with the machine(:-

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

Boris

do you think it is wiser for me not to post my trading?

Trying to help but maybe to many watching

Maybe when you pull your trading system off I should stop also?

boris said...

Dear Lag, It is upto you to decide, but I believe, that the masses are waiting for my signals and they would do what they must do regardless.

NOw everybody is such a believer in MDS that it is scary thought for all of us...

I will respect whatever the decision. Perhaps it would be just as good if you adopt JOhns method. He reports at the end... Just an Idea,

With Ultimate respect my dear friend.

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

To those who may not know

the 6yr. trend line for NDX right below at about 1780.65

boris said...

Dear Lag, Greenie,JOhn,

I must admit that the sense I get from emails is that people like you guys, cause you have the cohones to do what you do and collect profits...

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Lag, Greenie,JOhn,

I must admit that the sense I get from emails is that people like you guys, cause you have the cohones to do what you do and collect profits...

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea

cobbense said...

floating rate bank loan (senior loan) CEFs update.

These are interesting beasts, invest with 30% leverage mainly in senior corporate bank loans which have better (yes, better) security than corp. bonds.

To think for several years up untill last spring I used these to a large extent instead of a money market fund. Got out just before the crash started as much by luck as by skill.

I've perhaps written about these last year, time for an update, as they seem to have gone parabolic - down.

Take a look at their charts and then tell me what you think they say about corporate defaults going forward.

PHD and PFN,PFL are probably the best ones. Others are EFT,EFR,NSL,ARK etc.

Recall thinking last summer that it might be time to start thinking about getting back in to these if they started paying north of 15%, depending on the US$ devaluation situation of course, etc. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Floating rate bank loan CEF NAVs chart:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?
s=XEFRX&t=y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=xphdx,
xpfnx,xarkx,xeftx,xpflx

These are the smartest ones in this business I believe, this is a good read to get a handle on the current situation. I won't try to paraphrase anything from it, things just aren't that simple.

Pioneer Floating Rate Trust (PHD) Conference Call Transcript
January 30, 2008

http://us.pioneerinvestments.com/
misc/pdfs/press_releases/
phd_transcript_013008.pdf

Bill Gross doubled down in PFN & PFL last fall apparently. He has a
quite significant amount of his personal money in these since several years back, will be interesting to see if he is right over the long haul. For now
he is down about -8% on these latest adds.

Regards,

boris said...

Dear Cobbense,
I am starting to look at these and may have even mentioned it, but YOu are doing a great service to our readers, by reminding them that there could ne nice opportunities in this area.
So far, frankly I have concentrated on MUNI funds, instead and many of those were going fine, till today where all the ones I have 6 of them got clobbered from 2-7% each. Considering that they are trading at a discount to their NAV of 5-12% who cares, it could be handsomely made up in YIELD and principle , when if again these trade at positive to NAV.

Very interesting , let us discuss more of this sometime, when I had a chance to take another look at this group. IN fact, I have a seperate group, can be seen in my group table(some weeks back). Their group name is SENIORloans

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Cobbense,
I am starting to look at these and may have even mentioned it, but YOu are doing a great service to our readers, by reminding them that there could ne nice opportunities in this area.
So far, frankly I have concentrated on MUNI funds, instead and many of those were going fine, till today where all the ones I have 6 of them got clobbered from 2-7% each. Considering that they are trading at a discount to their NAV of 5-12% who cares, it could be handsomely made up in YIELD and principle , when if again these trade at positive to NAV.

Very interesting , let us discuss more of this sometime, when I had a chance to take another look at this group. IN fact, I have a seperate group, can be seen in my group table(some weeks back). Their group name is SENIORloans

Good Trading

Greenie said...

Dear Boris,

Please stop posting everything twice - you are killing me :)....I have to read twice as much information.

Lag, trust me, there is no big harm in posting trades real time (unless you have a billion dollar account).

G.

john said...

Boris,

Thanx for the mention of my name. It took me a while but my key is smaller amounts. Just like the spx, easier for me.

old john

waldo said...

Hi Boris, still lurking, here is two stocks that pay a very nice divdend, they are PVX and PGH. Energy trusts.

DollarProAragon said...

now this forum turns out to be a stock recommendation forum.....

john said...

DollarPro,
As long as I have been here ( about 7 months), there has been a few stock recommendations. But , unlike other subcription services that charge, these very good ideas are free. This helps the working or retired person.

old john

boris said...

Dear Waldo, Greenie,DollarPro, John,

Sorry, for double posting(:-

I appreciate people posting stocks. Just as long as it is just mentioning what is good about them.

We do not recommend anything anyone.

We throw the ideas and people that want to act on them.

Officially we are/were never advisory service.

We call ourselves EDUCATORS...
With BALLS

GOod Trading

diesel said...

Hi Boris,

Just wondering if you have updated the YBR/WBR recently? Any insights into post March you can give us? Will you be publishing this indicator again?

Many thanks.

boris said...

Dear Damien,
i have not decided yet, about publishing the YBR on a free access bases. We are having internal discussions what to do about that.

Let you/all know soon.

Good Trading

cobbense said...

Boris,

Now these CEFs (Closed End Funds) are rather special, and even more special are the senior loan / bank loan CEFs.

If you have ever read the info for say one of the PIMCO CEFs (PFL & PVN) you would understand - they can be, but are not necessarily, full of all sorts of odd things such as credit swaps, forex positions, etc.

Perhaps a general squeeze on most all of the leveraged CEFs may have started as many of the CEFs do their leverage by selling "auction-rate securities", which have suddenly for no apparent good reason have gooten "no-bid". Now not all CEFs are leveraged, and some that are do it by selling fixed rate preferred stock.

What will be the result of this? Really hard to say, but anything from slightly higher costs (if they can refinance their debt in other ways) to forced asset liquidation in all sorts of "uncorrelated" markets.

I'm still looking around the CEF world (which is actually rather small) to try to see what may be happening with regard to this.

As for the senior loan CEFs, this just means that the recent parabolic drop could become even worse by this "threat of deleveraging". Nothing there is a "buy" yet I would suggest, better safe than sorry.

boris said...

Dear Cobbense, Thanks for update on CEF's

Really really good staff.

pleas accept my thanks for educating all of us on the subject.

Good Trading

john said...

Boris,

good morning

old john

boris said...

Dear John
Good Morning And Good trading to you.

Wanderer said...

Dear boris,
Thanks and good morning.

Bert

aaaaaaum said...

Dear Boris, what is your ¥ gauge telling? Good Trading.

boris said...

Good Morning Dear Wanderer
Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Aaaaaaum,
I think JPY will be lower by 21 FEB there will be some meandering and even a bit higher move today.

Good Trading