SPX 1336 ,1333,1330,1325 - 1345,1347,1351,1356
QQQQ 43.1,42.9,42.6,42.3 - 43.7,43.9,44. 2,44.5
Dear Reders, Lag, anybody that is scared to see their NAV go down please stay in money market funds. Kind of money market funds you want are the types that invest only in "ALL TREASURY only" short term maturity bills/notes. That is it. that way you are safe. You could also I presume, be safe in CD's of variuos maturirty ( ONLY FDIC insured CD's please). For anything else you have either principle and/or default risk and/or NAV variation risk. So stay away. For me , I have no problem with any of these... But you do not have to listen to me, if what I say/buy scares you... Right?
11:03 ET, SPX low 1336.55, so far rounding error away from Second Attraction Point. Let the APoints be with you Dear Readers.
12:15 ET, How sweet it is! to hit the bottom within rounding error and then go up 16 points. If you could that that twice with 1 million Dollars, you are set forever... Hallelujah!
INVESTORS, LISTEN up... HANG in there. YOU WIN no matter where market goes. It goes up YOU PROFIT, it goes down YOU BUY CHEAPER. Just make sure you are not much above 40% invested at this point
31 comments:
Boris,
thanx
old john
Cobbense
Are you saying money markets are also bad or CD's to park money?
Im sure many of us are a little gun shy what is safe. could you go into that a little for us less informed please
LAG
Dear, John,Lag
Thanks
GOod Trading
Folks, Please take a look at the ETF SHY for safety+money-back.
If you are also afraid that your bank or broker will go down, and want to save money under mattress, opening an account at treasurydirect.gov is a good option.
G.
Dear Greenie,
Absolutely with you.
On this one.
The little problem with SHY is that it will not give you CHECKS to write(:-
Other than that absolutely correct
Good Trading
short term Tbills are good, 2-5 yrs. not the longer ones.
have been tracking the signs on my blog. I see a red moon (lunar eclipse tonight), earthquake (today off sumatra) and fallen star (the meteors on 19 Feb Pacific Northwest, if not the falling satellite).
Something sinister is going to happen with all these signs going according to the Book of Revelation.
dollarpro.blogspot.com
lagscrew,
Well, if things get really dicey, nowhere will be really safe I suppose - not even the mattress. Best to spread your assets around in different places. Guarantees are good, FDIC etc., but if push comes to shove, guarantees may get delayed, or . . . who knows?
As I am based in Europe, I keep my "cash money" in state guaranteed bank deposits denominated in EUR and SEK. To each his own.
In the US as I understand it there are potential problems with some money market funds that hold various mortgage backed assets. FDIC guaranteed CDs or bank deposits are of course safer.
Cob-Green
THX a lot
THX Boris
Dear Lag, not problem,
PCFXX, is a secret name for secret fund , types of which you want to look at.
I hope VANGUARD and everybody else will excuse my laziness and you readers will all look up other names in other fund families.
This is just where I have my my some of my money for a while now.
"Capital Preservation Fund Inc"/CPFXX
Good Trading
Dear Lag, not problem,
PCFXX, is a secret name for secret fund , types of which you want to look at.
I hope VANGUARD and everybody else will excuse my laziness and you readers will all look up other names in other fund families.
This is just where I have my my some of my money for a while now.
"Capital Preservation Fund Inc"/CPFXX
Good Trading
Boris,
1. I dont have a million dollars and
2. did not go long.
:)
old john
Dear John,
One day somebody will come with 1 million Dollars and tell you do it for me John...
And like an old pro you will do it just like nothing to it...
I have seen you do it before... You can do it again(:-
GOod Trading
By the way I did not go long either, I was playing guitar when first was approached.
It is not all about money you know(:-
Boris,
I have done it before and will do it again.
Health is most important
old john
Dear John,
You got that right!
Absolutely right!
Retaining your soul is most important, causet that is what feeds the physiological plant of ours that determines our health, physical and mental.
Good Trading
Dear guys
I think I lost my touch with macro econimic news.
The Fed talks about stagflation and the market boost its engines
there is no common sense any more :-)
Sharon
Sharon,
I am sure Boris and most of the people on this board will explain it better but I will put it into my terms.
It is all a scam.
old john
Dear Sharon,
There is no contradiction here.
First fallecy is that markets one day move has to express what FED chairman said today. Not neccessarily...
Second truth is that market always likes "FLASHION" part of the STAGFLATION, cause it implies a GOOD from their point of view FLATION ( it is not DEFLATION).
Remember INFLATION can always ( was always ) be sold as INFLIETION...
What is INFLIETION? SOPITALISTS Friend of course...
We know how SOPITALISTS steal money from honest workers all over the world. That is by understaing INFLATION(means INFLIETION) and devaluation of Dollar, which is the essence and result of INFLATION.
This way , GOVERNMENT collects more money, Corporations make more ( devaluated ) Dollars, HOMES appear to be appreciating ( depreciating in RANMINBI though) and BANKS remain solvent.
WHO IS FU...ED ... you guessed the SENIORS and SAVERS of USA and any country where they are holding DOLLARS ( including reserves in those countiries)...
Wall street is happy the money still moves around and nobody is depressed, even though stagflated...
There you go ... we just went through what we, refer to as SOPITALISM around here.
Good Trading
Hi Boris
As always, very nice to read your point of view :-)
Sharon
John
The bad side is, this is our money in the scam.
Sharon
Dear Readers,
Excuse my language, but I think there is a better name for all of these IN/STAG/FLUF ... etc FLATION.
I really think that the best description of what it is is expressed in INFLIETION and better it FU..FLATION... That is what it is, cause we know who is FU..FLATED to... ALL HONEST SAVERS OF THE WORLD... that is who
GOod Trading
Boris
Are you expecting a turn back up soon 1-2 days
Breaking out of this tight pattern
Sharon,
Yes it is but as a retired person, I have learned an unbelievable amount since I discovered this board last July. Not always right with the day trading ( much better now) but my whole portfolio has changed. Boris mentioned some closed end muni funds last december,I took advantage.
they got hit the other day but came back, nice dividend. He also mentioned government money market funds, I took advantage. I am doing better now than last July. I could name some very sharp people here- mark l. marcp, lagscrew, greenie, waldo , etc.
old john
Dear Lag,
My expectation has not changed, In terms of a months or so outlook, I see the MEANDERING sideways lower.
Within that context, I think we could get the MDS BUY if the market goes lower, but if it does not, I do not see how is the market going to generate the BUY. It is possible to generate it in sideways motion of sorts, but I doubt it. Look at the earlier pictures of MDS and see where and how it seems to generate the BUY signals. I do not see it there yet.
SO, let us wait and not jump ahead of PAPA MDS... Let it tell us what we need to do.
Good Trading
Boris
Please send the new vocablary to
Mr. Ben S. Bernanke.
Sharon
Dear Sharon, I am willing to leave that honor to SOPITALISTS
GOod Trading
I was looking at TRIN and CPC and they are linning up for more down
I am like you not big but general direction
some of my other stuff is a little mixed here
Old John
Agree. this blog/forum is something different, not only for trading but for different outlook.
Sharon
Boris and all,
Although it's a little tentative, I think I've spotted another Bearish Wedge forming, and have posted it...
Regards,
Mark L.
Dear Mark,
Great,
Please see what our good friend Mark has done.
He is thorrough as always, of course, nobody is prefect and that starts with me.
NIce viewpoint though.
GOod Trading
Post a Comment