Friday, February 15, 2008

Attraction Points(Apoints)

N SPX 1341,1339,1337,1334 - 1346,1348,1350,1353
N QQQQ 43.67 - 43.60 43.81,43.91

10:19 ET, I had a scare today, that we will not have our calculators up! thank god all is fine, ENJOY for now, while I take a little breath. Remember it is payed customers also that were waiting for these and similar calculations.

10:53 ET, OK, I do not expect very sharp down moves at this time, I still think that meandering is what this market is going to do drifting into late FEB and/or early March. Could be wrong on this, but so far, traders should be short or out and Investors should stay put. MDS is with shorts

36 comments:

john said...

Boris,

thanx

old john

boris said...

Welcome Dear John,

Good Trading

boris said...

Welcome Dear John,

Good Trading

Anonymous said...

very poor #'s

http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Public/Calendars/EconomicCalendar.htm

bought SDS near the open

john said...

Boris,

thanx

old john

boris said...

Keep up the good work Dear JOhn,
Good Trading

Sharon said...

Dear Boris,

It looks like the Shekel found its bottom...

Sharon

boris said...

Dear Sharon , Shekel now spend over 15 trading days in a narrow band of 3.57 to 3.67 This is usually a sign that something dramatic will happen.

I expect either direct break on the upside ( DOWN for SHEKEL) or first sharp fast move down ( UP for shekel) and very rapid move up ( DOWN for SHEKEL). Timing wise, if another low is to come it must come in next 3-4 weeks , after that the time would have run out of the SHEKEL to make new lows ( UP FOR SHEKL) in early APRIL.

GOod Trading

Greenie said...

Good morning everybody.

Covered ER2 for nice profit. Added to euro short.

boris said...

Dear Greenie,
Nice GOING
NAZDAROVIE! means ENJOY in RUssian

Good Trading
Why did not you decide to work with BRUTISH, it is better bet on the downside. and it edged to 62%FIB retrace yesterday , where I wroute some calls!

GOod Trading

young grasshopper said...

Gold chart is starting to look like the consolidation pattern of February/March 2006...

boris said...

Dear Hopper,

Did you buy put options at 936 as suggested(:-

Never mind, Yes, I would be more comfortable with that comparison after we see thebreak of 885 ( hopefully today, so that it is daily and weekly at once)

THanks again Good Trading

Greenie said...

Dear Boris,

When I look at XBP:EUR ratio, it is way lower than its lowest point in last 10 years. So I thought euro has some catch up to do.

Fundamentally (I keep it at the back of my mind), they say that england is in bad shape, but europe is not. But if you travel around spain and italy, you will notice that many of the houses in nice towns are bought by Brits, who borrowed against their own homes in London. If Brits are in trouble, many parts of Europe are going to see large effects, as Spain already started to.

However, at the end I agree that the Germans will win WW III this time.

Greenie

Greenie said...

Forgot to add, euro hit a broken trendline from bottom and pulled back. Please check daily chart.

boris said...

Dear Greenie,

All well, what you say.
Simple thing we both agree, I think is that GBP is now in amore excellerated phase of decline than euro. It may change in few months when EUROPE starts to enter deeper , compared to ENGLAND morass, but for now, this is the case. GBP is in terrible shape. Both will work for you, I am sure though

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

Boris
this matches perfect with S&P

http://bp1.blogger.com/_eU4Xyj9h830/R7WxNSrFndI/AAAAAAAAACI/fv2iZtNVVH8/s1600-h/NZDCHF.png

Greenie said...

Dear Boris,

Thank you. I am reviewing now. If I find a nice entry, I will flip half of EUR to GBP.......maybe in the next hour or so.

G.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what charts allow using this symbol for my last post.

NZDCHF or NZD:CHF

New Zealand $ and Swiss Franc

I pulled the chart from another blog

THX LAG

Greenie said...

Ok Boris, I converted half of euro shorts to Brutish. I was busy with ER2 and was not paying enough attention earlier.

Now, all I need is dollarpro guy to bless my trade, and I will be on my way to heaven :)

Thanks,
G.

boris said...

Dear Lag,
ESIGNAL has NZDCHF a0-fx...


In any case, this is all the flip side of JPY, right ...

NZD is the most beloved currency for carry-trader housewifes in JAPAN ( cause of 8% NZD versus ZERO for JPY)

So, no wander

Good Trading Dear Lag

boris said...

Dear Greenie,
Sounds good to me.
I ghink Dollar could have sharp move up early next week.

GOod Trading

Anonymous said...

THX Boris

Anonymous said...

Hi,

There is an option guy on 'Fast Money' yesterday and he mentioned alot of March put buying yesterday on STX. (computer hardware) (Seagate)

So I looked at that today.

Besides some other indicators: I noted, on the daily bars.

1) Jan Low; is exactly .618 time between Dec High and Feb(yesterday) High.

2) Feb High (yesterday) retraced exactly 50% if Dec High to Jan Low.

3) I noted an initial short signal with yesterday's price action. And today went below that marker.

Good day.

boris said...

Brandon, Thamks
Good Trading

Greenie said...

Folks,

After a bounce in the stocks today, there will be waterfall decline next week. Stay prepared.

I plan to short ER2 tuesday morning at around 710.

Best,
G.

Anonymous said...

GREENIE

I take it er2 is the russell

I dont use options

aaaaaaum said...

Dear Greenie, What is ER2? Good trading.

Greenie said...

ER2 is russell futures.

Greenie said...

Expecting rally now till tuesday morning...why?

Everyone remembers the MLK day scare, when US markets were closed and it crashed overseas.

Nobody wants to stay long now. Will the market help the majority?

Anonymous said...

If the TRIN is under 1 today it will be in the low 4's for the five days. 4 is low in a bull market and 6 is high

Greenie said...

The market must give me 710. I demand it !!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe wont get your 710 but you may have nailed road map

Sharon said...

Dear Boris

Thanks for the reply.

I think that we are somewhere in the bottom area. my major conern is that additional rate cut is on its way (50% for 75 points), this will give the shekel additional support in the following months

Sharon

boris said...

Dear Sharon,
I presume you are talking about the FED being ready to reduce interest rates , right...

Ok.

Yes, could be...
CYclically though Dollar should be stronger next few months at least.

Good Trading

Sharon said...

Boris
Yes - Fed's interest cut.

This week was one of the worst for dollar vs. Euro, but in a strange way the Shekel didnt get stronger.

We'll see....

Sharon

boris said...

Dear Sharon,

EURO had OK week, but not really so good one. Same with Dollar. It did not have a nice week, but once can not complain...

THe issue WITH SHEKEL , perhaps one of the issues, is/was that some people knew that ISRAELi debt ratings will get reevaluated by FITCH ( was it ) and those insiders kept pushing the SHEKEL to highs. Now, is it possible that we have the situation of "buy the rumors and sell the fact?"

Good Trading