Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sorry, Having problems

Terribly SOrry,
RIght in the middle of the operation lost the power to the building
Sorry, about that.
Try to get some numbers asap
Not a good Trading today!

1154 1143 1125 1103 spx 1200 1211 1229 1251
Rest coming on protected site, Populated Psite. 10:37 AM, Sorry 10:42 Send Emails.
Sorry again, folks. These kind of days just kill me mentally and physically, but it is you who did not get the service in time. So, all that is left is to work pray harder to the Electric Power company of my country to help me keep power under any circumstances(:-

Dear Readers, So, you understand. My setup is now 6 computers very interdependent on calculations and results on a timely bases. Some people do not understand why I am stuck to my desk 24 hours. Well, Much of the info that gets published depends on 12hour long nightly run , to begin with, any of that being unavialable nixes my ability to correctly forecast things. I watch 5 displays at once and have power consumption of a little factory(:-

11:18 ET, Dear Subscribers, looks like our first scenario is getting a play today?
Let us not forget , probability exists that we have seen the bottom today. It is still less than 40% but it exists.


Please , Do not go buy SXI at this time, the buy was in FEBRUARY.

12:07 ET So, How many times did we mention number 1170=SPX on this site. I do not know just do search and you will see. But it is even more important how many times did we tell subscribers that 1170 was a natural stop to perhaps even lower point later. Well, we just do our job

12:16 ET, Metals look weak and With Dollar perhaps attempting to catch a second breath, perhaps we want to be only accumulating them slowly on a longer term bases. Not for a trade.
Remember we never said in last 10 weeks , we are metal buyers for anything but core anti-inflation holding. That could change, but not yet!

20 comments:

אנטי-סופיטליסט said...

Forget last comment. Did not see your post about power. waldo

Sqroot said...

New invention - Battery Backup...

boris said...

Dear Sqroot,
If you think my operation can be operated on batteries.
YOu have not seen nothing yet.

Good Trading

D said...

People don't understand how expensive power redundancy is...15 minutes of supply for 6 multi-core processor computers would likely cost boris half of what the computers themselves cost.

boris said...

Dear D,
Events are so rare.
It happened to me 2-3 times in a year, that I can not possibly think it being useful, also the 15 minutes would not cut, this time I was down 27 minutes and could have been more

Good Trading

D said...

Boris, I totally appreciate what you mean and since you're not running a trading desk and doing mainly research...that it isn't a wise expenditure for you.

:)

Do you have enough computing power?

D said...

computer muscle that is

boris said...

Dear D,
Obviously I do not.
My jobs should not take the 12 hours, but part of it is I can not afford to buy the data I need and collect them over the INTERNET universe entire night(:-

Computing power is almost not as important as the NET power. Which is an entirely different ball game. Just 0.8 Meg upload speed costs me close to =$150/month and each of th 3 lines are busy all the time

Good Trading

אנטי-סופיטליסט said...

Boris,
another decent price for DVY-

thanx

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
I do some of my accumulation and I got the fruites of your patience(:-
too

Thanks Dear John
Good Trading

boris said...

Talk about maniputaltion of the markets.
YOu have just seen it . It is incredible!

Yes, there are sopitalits in the world

Good Trading

boris said...

So you wanted to know where they have stopped so far right.

Those that can look at your fifth IHAP of the day for JPY and you tell me and I have the one onr for CHF/JPY it stopped one god dam cent away from 5th IHAP.
I rest my cage(:-
Good Trading

John said...

Boris,
I saw the stop on the currencies- made a few dollars with the scam- money for the wife.

thanx

go cubs

old john

John said...

Boris,
At the beginning of the year i bought another computer just to watch the currencies. Really helps the day trading, hectic but very helpful

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
DId you see the YEN take a frikin dive to throw people out of the market and then the rocket up.

In cred ible!
GOod Trading

John said...

Boris,

I was watching- wife was talking so I missed some of the move trying for a quick Qs trade but I made a little coffee money :)

old john

tim9lives said...

Dear Boris,,I fully understand your frustration with lack of power.
When Hurricane Gustav hit Louisiana two weeks ago,,,we lost all electricity for over half of the state.
Within one day of no power,,,all telephones were inop in New Orleans,,,
I was unable to get internet, use cell phone, or use land line telephone. All I could do is listen to my AM radio,,hope for a news report on the POG,,,LOL
Never in my life would I have imagined being unable to call my brokerage for almost a week.
Needless to say,,,my long GC contracts burnt me bad,,,OUCH.
Anyway,,,the lesson I learned is to take nothing for granted.
And also,,,some things we can not control.
Good luck my friend,,,take care.
Tim

John said...

If I ever have to get a mortgage again, I will go to the Post Office. I will then receive a mortgage from the FNM rep there. I will then walk over to the next line and purchase my homeowner's insurance from the AIG person. The next booth in the Post Office will be the AIG auto insurance post in case I need auto insurance. $opitalists live.

old john

boris said...

Dear Tim,
I was wanderting why you were quiet. God...

Incredible to live like in stone age!

Absolutely incredible . Dea Tim , I feel like apologizing for nature

Good Trading my Deaer Friend

boris said...

Dear John,
THat is a good one.

Yes, Yes, Yes

what a times we live in

There is hardly any pretence of FREE market left.

I had alwasys said , in SOPITALISM there are no free markets and that is the case.

You got that right my Dear Friend
Good Trading Dear John