Thursday, November 29, 2007

Let us Discuss This Together









Dear Readers, I am now putting up the charts early for your interest. Once you get a chance to look at it. See if you get an idea of where we are and what the possibilities should be(were ) in similar situations. It is fun and it is not mandatory, but it is for your benefit to see how you and others react to this information or are you putting more emphasis to what I say. Regardless just thinking about it will make you a better reader of the charts produced here. My comments will be last.
06:04 ET, YEN current status 1,1,0,1,1 , still too strong to breakdown yet. Would require one or both of last 1's to go to Zero.
06:18 ET, YEN current status 1,1,0,1,0 , weaker than few minutes ago more conducive to YEN going down (up in price).
copy of the answer to Xerxes Comment ( how to read the YEN Status)
the system is a multidimensional buy/sell setup.five number relate toWEEKLY/DAILY/60MIN/15MIN/5MIN
Buy Sells. I hope this is clear. Anybody with the appropriate horizon will decide how to use this system.
Strictly intraday people should pay most attention to the last three digits , intermediate ones should look at mid 3 digits and long term traders should look at first three digits. This is very roughly. Trader can use this anyway he/she likes
Due to larger influence of YEN on world finance than any other currency and extremely close correlation between all speculative markets and YEN ( including your stock markets) , I suggest that ALL pay the close attention to these 5 numbers of YEN I publish. They tell you more than thousand highly payed annalists can or will
For ISRAELI Readers, Shekel is going to bottom between 3.80 and 3.50 and that will happen before PASSOVER 2008. Sell you SHEKELS before then and keep in touch as we update here
My comments relating the Charts of today. Damien set the tone, giving us an excellent interpretation of the charts. Dave has added important detail about the overall summation tilting lower, which if continues I agree is scary. I am glad that you guys/girls really understand how to read these graphs. I would add that please pay attention to the BLUE solid lines ( longer term pressure lines) they are at important high readings, but they can go higher. Nevertheless if they turn down decisively the market has turned and will go up. Thanks all

21 comments:

Damien said...

Hi Boris,

My take on it is that the market is short term overbought as shown by the high sell pressure and low buy pressure but that shorting too agressively here is not yet wise mainly because we have a strong positive divergence in summation oscillator. I would expect a negative divergence to develop before getting short again or at least a bit of distribution at these levels to generate a sell signal in the pressure gauges.

boris said...

Dear Damien,
I would reserv the comments for now.
Many many thanks for responding and Good Trading to you.

John said...

Boris

I would echo what Damien stated but not that eloquently.
The buy pressure is down and the sell pressure is up, short term

old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Greetings

Thanks for your response

Good Trading

curaki said...

Hi Boris,
yesterday was a very remarkable day for stocks but I think the big boys only desided to kill shorts. As I remember, last time German DAX went up more than 200 points in one day was the the situation before the war in Irak. It was on 02.01.2003, probably. On this trading day DAX rose from 2800 to 3000 points. Thereafter it rose to 3060-3070 and went down to 2250. So, my impresions are: 1-2% more up, and big dive will follow...

Good trading

boris said...

Dear Curaki,

appreciate your response.

GOod Trading

curaki said...

Hi Boris,

YEN current status 1,1,0,1,0.

Does 1 mean your system predicts YEN UP (USD/JPY down) or inversely?

Regards

boris said...

Dear Ivan( Curaki)
The 1 means the numbers are up ( YEN is down) versus 0 means the numbers are down ( YEN is up)

Good Trading

xerxes said...

Hello Dear Boris....

I find your description of the yen a bit confusing....

I assume that when you use "1" you are saying to buy USD/Yen and the "0" means to short USD/Yen....

I don't know how one is supposed to use the 5 buy/sell call time frames. For instance, if the call is to short USD/yen on the 0ne hour, is that what should be done or is congruency required in 4 of the 5 time frames to then bet in majority direction..

daveo said...

xerxes, you've got your denominator/numerator backwards. Boris uses the Yen/Dollar figure, ie. 110. 1,1,0,1,0 means that figure is on buy for monthly, weekly, sell for daily, etc.

Dear Boris, thanks for posting the pressure graphs. I love the pressure graphs. The swings in pressure look 'normal' for a change. The pressure graphs tell me that I should look to close out longs, few days distribution maybe, then get ready for a sell.

The summation graph is scary looking. There appear to be no real leaders in this up swing.

Am I reading properly ?

boris said...

Dear Xerxes,
the system is a multidimensional buy/sell setup.

five number relate to

WEEKLY/DAILY/60MIN/15MIN/5MIN

Buy Sells. I hope this is clear. Anybody with the appropriate horizon will decide how to use this system.

Strictly intraday people should pay most attemetion to the last three digits , intermediate ones should look at mid 3 digits and long term traders should look at first three digits.

This is very roughly.

Trader can use this anyway he/she likes.

Good Trading

boris said...

Dear Dave,
Thanks for responding to the question and answering to Xerxes as well.

Appreciate a lot.

I will at the end comment on all comments.

Good Trading

John said...

Boris/All,
Off the board today- will do homework when I return. I find this unbelievably facinating. Explanations- the give and take back and forth.
thanx
old john

boris said...

Dear John,
Enjoy your day
Good No Trading today

xerxes said...

Daveo...Boris....

Thank you!

Voltaire said...

Boris

Call me stupid, but the more I stare at your pressure guages, the less I can see any definite indications.

Obviously, you have been using them long enough to understand their nuances, but I can't see any consistent readings over past lows or highs that make them work for me.

Guess I will just rely on your interpretation.

boris said...

Dear Voltire,
Pressure Gages are like the gages on you car. They can tell you , you are moving at a high speed or low speed, but they can not tell you if you are prone to an accident or not, cause who knows, maybe there is a drunk driving before you or there is an ice in f ront of you. In another words gages are just one indicator that display the internals of the market. In short it answers the question "are there more stocks ready to jump or down". Now that is a pretty important question is not it?

Try to look at it that way and see if it makes more sence to you, cause intuitively it seems to be sensible to many. I know you are a very smart person and can and has read patterns and gave us dam good advise about them repeating in the future.

The same way what has happened will happen again and by looking at these gages we can all understand what to expect.

Repeated again, if this is the only thing we had it could be hard, but it sets the tone when we look for limits go long or short...

Thanks Dear Voltire.
Good Trading

mlytle said...

All,
I didn't publish a trendline analysis since the market is in transition, but there is an old Exponential trendline at 1443.11 today, and that is also just about the line of resistance created by the top on the 26th at 1446.09... Further the 38% retrace from 1471.62 to 1406.10 is at exactly 1446.59. That kind of confluence sometimes acts like a magnet so we should watch those levels for a possible trend reversal back to "up".

Mark L.

Brandon said...

Boris,

I've recently found this place, and I find your discussion interesting. thanks.

On the $spx chart I see buy diamond line is low; while the sell pressure is high. When these come back together; I would estimate prices go up?

I also saw your further commentary on the solid BLUE lines being pressure (that could go up; causing market down). I wasn't sure which of the 3 charts (today) that you meant.

thx

boris said...

Dear Brandon,
GOod To see you at our site.

Welcome!

Blue line I refer to are the lines on the pressure charts not the summation chart , which has its own blue line(oscillator).

The way these things work is simple, but you may want to read the recommended reading on display at the begining of this page.

In short, when the buy pressure diamond is high the trader is looking to buy the market using our LIMITS and when the yellow line diamond is up then the trade is looking to sell the market using the LIMITS ( with some delays as explained in the readingcharts)

When the blue and yellow diamonds are not saying anything then we must look at what was the last time they reported and go with that.

GOod TO see here again.
Good Trading

Brandon said...

Boris,
Thanks for the reply earlier. I understand that I had it backwards, the buy and sell pressure lines. I've spent time today looking over your posts (everyone's); and it has been an interesting experience. And not many things interest me :{)

Thanks for taking the time with your reply. I look forward to returning, good day all.